LXI. Pain's Origin (Part 2)

Alec and Asia were being held by tall men in suits. They struggled to get out the constricting grip.

"Stay still will you!!!" The man yelled. He tried to keep them still.

A short man walked into the room with two people who were blindfolded and handcuffed. Alec and Asia knew who the people were. "Mom!!! Dad!!!"

They're parents were pushed to their knees. The short man had two other tall guys come into the room. "Oh Terri and Solomon. You should already know the deal."

Terri, the twins' mother, and Solomon, the twins' father, pleaded to the short man for mercy. "Give us another chance!!"

"Please Denaro!!" Terri cried. She began to cry. "We have children to take care of!!"

Denaro strolled around the parents and smirked. "There's nothing I can do. A deal is a deal." Denaro signaled tall men to pull out two pistols.

The twins saw the guns and feared the worst. "NOOOO!!!!!"

Denaro walked to Alec and Asia.

"Leave them be!! They're just kids!!" Solomon pleaded.

"They were involved in the crimes too weren't they? So they deserve the penalty too."

The twins squirmed to get the man's grip. "Don't hurt us!!!" Asia screamed.

Denaro snapped his fingers and his goons pointed their guns at Terri and Solomon's head. "This is only business."

The triggers were pulled.

*****

"My parents were murdered right in front of my eyes."-Alec

"Alec....I'm sorry to hear that."-Yuko

"Me and Asia were orphans after that and no one wanted us. They all saw us as criminals. We had no money and we were hungry. So we stole anything we could get our hands on. After the gang that murdered my parents stopped looking for us, Asia and I moved in our old house and lived there alone until Diron found us."-Alec

*****

Alec and Asia just returned home after stealing some bread from a nearby store. Asia sat down on their mother's chair. She began to break off pieces of her loaf of bread.

"We got lucky today didn't we?" She said.

Alec stared out the window. "Yeah." He was worried that Denaro and his gang were going to come and ambush the house.

Asia noticed Alec being paranoid. "Alec chill out. They're not looking for us anymore."

"Chill out?!?" Alec was angered by Asia's comment. "Asia, we're two fourteen year old kids with no money, no food, and no parents!!!!! You expect me to chill out!!! Denaro can easily change his mind and come kill us!!!" Alec was livid. He couldn't keep his anger in check.

Asia stared at the ground and kept eating. "I just figured that since we have each other, we can start looking at the bright side of things."

"The bright side of what?!?!? One, we're orphans. Two, we're practically homeless! And three, we're criminals!!" Alec was infuriated. He thought of all the pain he and Asia felt throughout the past year. "I'm done!! I'm done with living this way!!!" He punched the wall and his fist turned bright red. "I say that we finally give these people what they deserve."

Asia was scared by Alec's emotions. He's never acted like this before. After their parents' death, Alec's been a whole new person. "What do you mean Alec?"