VIII. Election Day

Rank President Election Day finally came and Benta couldn't have been any happier. Today meant that if he managed to win the election, he'd get to be in charge of all Yellow Class students.

He figured that his lose against Yuko wasn't a complete bummer. Benta made some new friends. People who have also lost to Yuko in the past week. Their votes were all his.

"I have this in the bag." Benta gloated as he, Tammi, and Yuko wandered the halls.

"Yeah. I'm glad you decided to take on a job like this." Tammi agreed.

Yuko was too focused on shuffling his deck. He wasn't going to duel anybody at the moment which confused his friends. "What if I drew Monster Reborn and Pot of Greed when a duel starts? That would be cool." It then seemed to dawn upon him that Benta had asked him question.

"Did you vote already Yuko?"

"Yeah of course man. But I don't see the point. Would you have any power over anything? Back at KCA..."

"KCA is a whole other ball game Yuko. DHA actually gives their presidents presidenty things to do like planning class rallies, field trips, and Duel Tournaments." Benta explained. Yuko's eyes widened.

"Duel Tournaments!! Dude, I'm in! Who's the prez for the Reds?"

Tammi walked over to a paper pinned to a wall. It listed the presidental canidates for each rank. "Let's see. For Red, there's Tommy Jacobs and Betty Snooty."

"Tommy....and Betty?" Yuko looked really aggrivated. "Those two don't know what a Kuriboh is much less dueling."

Tammi then looked up for the Blue class. "Victoria and Jessica. No suprise there."

"Wait. Why didn't Kenji run for prez?" Yuko asked. "He would be great."

Tammi giggled. "Maybe, but I don't expect Kenji to be leading anybody but himself." She then glanced over at Benta. He stared blankly at the canidates for the Yellow class. "What's up Benta?" She looked at the sheet and saw a name she didn't expect under Benta's. "He can't be."

Yuko looked too and scratched his head. "Who's Tanner Mitchell?"

"I am." Tanner walked up behind Benta. "Nice election we've got going on here huh Benta?"

Benta gritted his teeth and balled his fist. Tanner was his number one rival. The two has been at each other's throats since the school year started. Tanner always tried to beat Benta at whatever he was good at. "It'll be nicer once I win."

"That's funny. If I recall, you've never beaten me at anything." Tanner teased.

"Oh it'll be different this time." The bell rang. It was time for the assembly. "Guess we're about to find out the results."

*****

The whole school sat in the gym. Benta stood on the Duel Field next to Tanner and the other canidates. Yuko and Tammi could feel the tension rising all the way from the top row on the bleachers.

"If these people didn't vote for Benta, I don't know what to tell them. This Tanner guy looks like a jerk." Yuko said.

"He is." Tammi said. "Ugh I can't stand him. I hit on me once."

Yuko laughed. He found it funny that someone would hit on her. She was too bossy as Yuko liked to put it.

"What's so funny?! I'm attractive!!"

"Whatever you say Tam." Yuko turned his attention back to Benta, who was beginning to look nervous.

Tanner smirked at Benta. "Good luck Benta."