LI. Heart of Unity (Part 1)

Yuko opened his eyes. His body was in pain and his head hurt. He watched his surroundings. It was a temple in ruins. Nothing, but rubble of a once beautiful world.

"Where am I?" He stood up and ran over to a giant hole in the wall. He saw debris all over the land. "What happened here?"

"This was the realm I ruled before it was destroyed by the Darkness."

Yuko turned to see Deltrus.

*****

"This is wasting my time!!" Alec smashed his fist into the wall. "How long are we suppose to wait!!"

Asia placed her hand on her brother's shoulder. Alec was scaring her. "Calm down. We'll begin soon enough."

"Well I can't wait any longer! The point of us killing the gods was so that we can get strong enough to destroy the Earth!"

Ito watched from a few yards away. He was getting annoyed with Alec's temper. "Be patient will you. Diron has to manifest our cards so that we can have those Hyper Zeo cards."

"And we need those cards to achieve our goal." Shun joined in. He walked over to a window and watched Domino Heart City's people beginning to rebuild the city he once loved. "It's our mission to make this world a better place."

Ito laughed.

"What's funny?" Shun asked.

"I just find it amusing that you think we're making this world a better place. We all just caused a genocide across four realms and we plan on doing the same for the people here."

"And what's wrong with that? Don't you like watching others suffer? I mean you are member of the Legion after all." Alec said.

"Alec!! Really?" Asia hit her brother.

"What? I'm just stating that if he's going to be apart of this organization, then he must like to see pain being inflicted on people."

"For your information, I don't." Ito felt his emotions arise. "I don't like to see innocent people lose their lives!!"

"Then why are you in the Legion?" Shun questioned. Ito's persona confused him.

Ito sighed to calm himself down. "Look. We all have our reasons. While you three are craving revenge, I'm trying to keep a promise. I never wanted to do the things I've done, but since it would be help me become a god, I have to."

Asia related to Ito. "I feel the same Ito."

"You do Asia?" Alec was shocked to his sister's words. "I thought you were going to help me get our revenge. What happened to that plan?"

Asia began to think about her duel with Cieno. "At first I did, but now I....."

"So you're backing down?!? Come on Asia, get your head right!!" Alec stomped over the window. "The people down there deserve pain not life!!"

Shun shook his head and let out a deep breath. "Your scale of revenge is out of control."

Alec confronted Shun. "Look who's talking. At least I cherish the family I have left. You just shut out your brother and sister just because they left you in some dumb car!!"

Shun balled his fist. "Take it back."

"No."

"I said...take it back."

"What if I don't?"

Shun summoned his duel disk. "We'll settle this with a duel."

"Very well then." Alec summoned his duel disk.