LXV. In The Name of Unity (Part 1)

Xerus changed into his normal state and hovered the Domino Heart City. People pointed at him in question and fear. His presense gave everyone chills.

"Who is that?"

"Is that a monster?"

"How is he flying?"

Xerus grinned in amusement. He loved the scared looks on everyone's faces. "Mortals!! Kneel before me!" His voice boomed throughout the city. No one listened to his command. He grew angry. "I said kneel!!"

The people of Domino Heart followed his orders. Fear tingled down their spines. Geno, Mimi, Victoria, and Cambell were among the crowd.

The god smiled. "This. This is your natural state. Fear. Obedience. Worship. These factors will be your key to survival in this new world. A world...of darkness." Xerus landed on the ground and began walking through the crowd of frightened people. "You will no longer have your freedom. Your human rights. I, Xerus, your new king, your messiah, will rule this city, then the world. In this realm, my new realm, you all will no longer need to hold onto hope, for hope will no longer exist after this day. Today, I will declare a new beginning. The beginning of eternal darkness!!!"

Mimi stood to feet. She managed to get the courage she needed to stand up against Xerus. "As if!! I'll never listen to creep like you!"

Cambell jumped up. "You're no messiah. We'll never serve a guy like you!"

Victoria joined in. "I believe in freedom and I won't let you ruin that!"

Geno hopped on his bike and rev his engines to get the god's attention. "This is our turf, so go back to where you belong!!"

Xerus laughed at their courage to rebel against him. "You four dare to defy me? Very well then. You all we be the first to die." His finger started to glow. "Look up to these four mortals. They're the perfect example of what would happen if you disobey a god like me." He almost fired, but he was interupted.

"Stop Xerus!!!"

"Who dares to.." Xerus turned and found Yuko with Tammi and Kenji by his side. "The Heart of Unity. You finally decided to grant your death wish I see."

"The only one going to die is you." Yuko said as he stood just a few yards away from Xerus.

Geno, Mimi, Cambell, and Victoria were relieved to see Yuko and his friends return, but once they realized that Benta and Soran weren't with them, they frowned and feared the worst.

Xerus laughed again. "You actually believe that you can save this realm?"

"No. I believe that I can save them all!!" Yuko activated his duel gear.

Xerus grinned and summoned his duel disk of darkness. "This will be the perfect time to demostrate my horrific power to this world."

"You'll regret ever coming to this world." Kenji said as he activated his gear and stood by Yuko's side.

"Kenji I.." Yuko began, but was interrupted by a glare from Kenji's cold eyes.

"I'm helping you rather if you like it or not." Kenji said. He suprisingly gave Yuko a thumbs up. "We'll end this war together.

Yuko nodded. He then turned to Tammi. "T you should get going and take these people to safety."

Tammi agreed and ran over to Mimi and began moving people away from the upcoming duel. Silence filled the city as some people began watching Yuko and Kenji stand up against Xerus. Tammi, along with Mimi and the others, found a roof to watch from.

Xerus enjoyed the attention that was on him, Yuko, and Kenji. "It seems that these people want a show. Fine then. We'll give them one."

Yuko pulled out Diron's deck and then his. He combined the two and inserted the new deck into his duel pad. He felt Diron's spirit inside of him giving him power.