XLIII. Promise of Sorrow (Part 1)

"Beautiful song." A voice said from behind Ito. Ito turned to see the God of Life, Reigna. "You must be Ito."

Ito jumped a bit. How does she know who I am, he thought. "How did you?"

"My name is Reigna. I am the goddess of this realm. I've been awaiting your arrival, Ito Uchita." The goddess turned. "Follow me if you may."

Ito put away his flute and followed the goddess. He wasn't sure why she was being so nice which made him a bit uneasy. With her being the god of this realm and all, Ito assumed that she would know that he's the enemy.

"The Realm of Life was the first to exist. Me and the other gods were all born here." Reigna showed Ito every place they passed by. "This realm is the core. The hearth so to say."

They passed by a group of children playing in the grass. Ito frowned. The kids reminded him of himself when he was younger.

Reigna finally came to a stop. Her and Ito stood before her palace. "If this realm were to fall, then the others would soon follow. Once this world perishes, every other godly realm will be put into danger."

Ito was still confused about Reigna's intentions. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"It is my duty as Queen of the Gods to protect this realm no matter what." She summoned a duel disk completely made of flowers. "Even if it means taking the life of a mortal."

Ito's mind became more alert to the word 'life'. He tried to hold in his emotions. "And it's my duty to become a god myself." He summoned his duel disk. "Even if it means killing another living being."

"Duel!"

[DUEL START]

"I'll begin."-Ito

•Ito(4000): Draws. Summons Ancient Relic Olmec Oracle(Earth/Lv.4/1700 atk). Sets 3 cards.

"I end my turn."-Ito

{Those set cards must be for defense. I'll just have to eradicate them}-Reigna

•Reigna(4000): Draws.

"First I'll activate my Field Spell."-Reigna

Activates Saber Vault.

*****

Reigna and Ito's surroundings transformed into a throne room with a giant sword wedged into the king's seat.

*****

"With Saber Vault, all X-Saber monsters gain 100 attack points time their current level."-Reigna

Summons XX-Saber Boggart Knight(Earth/Lv.4/1900 atk-2300 atk).

"When Boggart Knight is summoned, I can Special Summon another X-Saber monster from my hand."-Reigna

Special Summons X-Saber Pashuul(Earth/Lv.2/100 atk-300 atk) from her hand.

{Two Earth-Attributes}-Ito

"Now witness the power of a god! I tune Boggart Knight and Pashuul for a Synchro Summon!"-Reigna

"Synchro?!?"-Ito

Tunes Boggart Knight(Lv.4) with Pashuul(Lv.2) to Synchro Summon XX-Saber Hyunlei(Earth/Lv.6/2300 atk-2900 atk).

"A Synchro?{Diron didn't tell us that the gods can use the forbidden techniques. How am I going to get through this}"-Ito

"Hyunlei has a special ability. It can destroy three Spell and Trap cards on the field upon its summoning!"-Reigna

Activates Hyunlei's effect. Destroys Ito's three Set-Ancient Draco Statues.