VI. Autocon Mayhem

Benta was having a great day. He passed three of his test and won two duels in Duel Period. Nothing was going to kill his mood.

Today, Benta was chosen to represent the Yellow Class in a duel against a Red Class student in order to determine who's going to be in the school's Annual Duel-Off. Whoever wins the duel can duel anyone they wanted. Benta was excited and eager to find out who his opponent was.

*****

Benta sat in his homeroom with Tammi and watched the video announcements.

"I wonder who I'm dueling." Benta said.

"Me too."

"Tam if I win this duel, I'm dueling Kenji in the Duel-Off."

"What?!? Benta you must be kidding."

"I'm serious. If Yuko can beat him, then I can too."

The announcements finally started to talk about the duel. "So tomorrow is the Test Duel to see who's dueling in the Duel-Off! So representing the Yellow Class is Benta Kazama and representing the Red Class is Yuko Sorama!" Everyone grew silent and so did Benta. He didn't expect to duel Yuko. This ruined his whole duel formula. He wanted to use his back-up deck in the duel tomorrow, but since he has to duel Yuko, he felt forced to re-format his strategy.

*****

After class, Benta walked home alone and thought about his duel on the next day. He couldn't think of any possible way to beat Yuko.

"I can't beat Yuko with my back-up deck." He thought. "I might have to use my real deck for the first time."

"Hey Benta." Yuko said running up to Benta.

"Hey." Benta continued to keep walking.

"So I guess we're opponents tomorrow then." Benta ignored Yuko for a moment. "What's wrong?" Yuko asked.

"Yuko." Benta looked down to the ground. "I don't want to duel you. Not like this. I want us to duel under different conditions."

"Why so?"

"You're standing in my way of dueling Kenji! I've been planning for months to duel him at the Duel-Off so I can show off my real deck, but if I duel you, I'm going to have no choice but to use it if I want to win."

"Why do you want to duel Kenji so badly?"

"He's the only guy who's ever defeated me!" Benta teared up. "When me and him first dueled, it was my first duel at DHA."

"Just like me."

"It was the most humiliating duel I've been in."

*****

•Benta(4000): Draws.

{I have to win. It's the only way to become a Blue}-Benta

Summons Wind-Up Magician. Sets Magical Arm Shield.

{That should be enough for now}-Benta

•Kenji(4000): Draws.

"Since it's my standby phase and I control both Inferno Yin Dragon and Thunder Yang Dragon, I can banish two Zeon Units from Inferno to inflict 2000 damage to your Life Points."-Kenji

(Inferno Yin:2 ZU/0 ZU) (Benta:4000/2000)

"Now I attack directly with Thunder Yang Dragon by banishing both of its Zeon Units."-Kenji

(Thunder Yang:2 ZU/0 ZU) Attacks directly with Thunder Yang.

{What?!? I barely had one turn}-Benta