XIV. Wings of Terror

Shun approached his master. Diron sat on his throne with his legs crossed and cheeks on his fist. He was curious to know what Shun needed to talk about. It wasn't like Shun to approach him without being told so. Shun knelt before his master.

"My lord, last night, I witnessed a duel with Yuko." Shun began.

"What is it Shun?"

"His opponent was Deltrus and Soran was watching." Diron didn't seem to flinch. Not even a simple movement. Shun looked confused because he thought Diron would be suprised. "Aren't you worried my lord?"

"I am not concerned about those two." Diron stood from his throne and walked towards Shun. "They tested Yuko's skills, did they not?"

"They did, my lord."

"Then we now know who the Heart of Unity is." Diron touched Shun's shoulder. "Do you still have that blank card I gave you?" Shun pulled out the card and showed it to his leader. "Excellent. Now go. Find a worthy opponent that can test Yuko's skills."

Shun nodded then vanished. Diron sat back on his throne. "Soran's returned I see." He closed his eyes as if he was reliving a distant memory. "I will not allow him to stand in my way."

*****

Tammi walked out of her house to hang out with her friend, Mimi. They were going to hang out at the mall for a bit. She also managed to drag Yuko along.

"Look T. I promised to hang out, not to shop." Yuko said.

"Who said we were shopping?"

"I can't wait to buy those heels I wanted!" Mimi said finally walking out of her house. Yuko shot a look at Tammi.

"Okay we might just shop a bit."

*****

"I thought we were just shopping for a bit!" Yuko said carrying almost ten bags of clothes. Every step he took involved him almost tripping over the bags. Tammi and Mimi were completely ignoring Yuko.

"So did you hear about Alice?"

"Yeah, I can't believe she thought she could duel in those boots."

"Guys." Yuko said trying to get their attention.

"I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those."

"I totally agree."

"Guys." Yuko said again this time louder.

"I want some new clothes."

"Me too, but something that would fit yellow."

"GUYS!!!!" Yuko dropped the bags and finally got their attention. "Can we eat now?"

Tammi and Mimi exchanged looks. "I am pretty hungry. I guess."

*****

Yuko started chowing down on his two triple stacked bacon cheeseburgers, five trays of fries, and three medium drinks while Tammi and Mimi both had salads.

"Wow that hits the spot!!" Yuko said finishing his last burger. Tammi couldn't believe how much he could eat. Since he's been at DHA, he already eaten about half of the city's food.

"Yuko, you and that stomach of yours."

"Can't be the best on an empty stomach." Yuko looked over at Mimi. She looked sad. "What's wrong Mimi?"

"Nothing." She stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom."

Mimi made her way to the bathroom. She couldn't bare to see her bestfriend move on to some guy. Tammi was Mimi's only friend and she wasn't going to let her move on with Yuko.