XIII. Hyper Zeo

A portal opened in an alley near Domino Heart Academy. Both a man and a teenage boy walked through.

"We've finally arrived." The boy said.

"Now we need to find our hero." The man pulled out five blank monster cards. "Time's almost running out."

*****

Yuko and Benta were still in the hospital. It was almost time for them to leave. Yuko decided to eat a few meals before he left.

"It sucks that we have to leave so soon. This food is amazing!" Yuko stuffed a few pieces of bread down his throat. Benta stared at Yuko like he was crazy.

"I swear Yuko, you and your stomach are like black holes."

"Can't help that I'm hungry."

Tammi then came into the room.

"Guys, they need you out of here now." Tammi looked over to Yuko and knew what he was thinking. "Yes Yuko. You can bring the food."

"Woohoo!!!"

*****

"Is that him?" The boy who appeared through the portal said watching from a rooftop not so far from the hospital. Their position had a perfect view of Yuko and Benta's hospital room. The man was clearly examining Yuko closely.

"Yes. I'm sure of it." The man assured as the five blank cards in his hand glowed brightly. "The spirits are calling for him."

"So can I be the one who duels him?" The boy asked.

"No. I'll do it."

*****

Yuko, Benta, and Tammi had just dropped their stuff off at their homes and strolled around the city. While Tammi and Benta talked, Yuko thought to himself. Tammi noticed.

"What's wrong Yuko?"

"Nothing, it's just......" Yuko paused as he saw a sheet of paper drifting in the wind. He catches it and reads it. "If you wish to become stronger, meet me in the abandoned duel dome at midnight." Yuko finished reading.

"The abandoned duel dome? Why would anyone want to meet there?" Tammi wondered aloud.

"Who to be exact." Benta corrected.

"I'm going."

"What? Are you sure, Yuko?"

"Yeah." Yuko pulled out his deck and stared at his Tora card. "There are duelist out there who can beat me and if I don't take this chance to become a better duelist, then I'll feel lost."

"I thought that you didn't mind being the best or not." Benta reminded Yuko.

"I did until I lost to Kenji." Yuko put away his deck. "Losing that duel made me realize that I'm not going to win every duel unless I take action and improve my skills as a duelist."

"But what if going to that duel is a trap?" Tammi asked.

"A risk I'm willing to take."

"You're starting to sound more like a true duelist." Everyone turned to see Kenji. "I'm going to that dome with you. I too have a desire for improvement."

"Then I'm going too if Kenji's going." Tammi smiled at her brother.

"I'm going also." Benta joined in. "I might want to learn a thing or two."

"Alright then! Let's meet back here before midnight."

*****

Shun, still in his black coat and green mask, had been watching and listening to Yuko and his friends' conversation about the duel dome. He was curious to know what was going on, especially since Kenji and Tammi were going.