XXV. Heart and Soul (Part 1)

Yuko and Benta were dueling during Duel Period. They figured that they should train for the upcoming duel exams. Yuko had Newgrounds Terradin, Rainfell Aquician, and Whirlwind Viker on the field. Benta only controlled only Autocon Champion: Optima. Tammi and Kenji watched from the side lines.

[DUEL]

•Benta(900): Draws.

"Alright Yuko, this time I'm going to win!"-Benta

Activates Omega Supreme.

"Since I control one Zeo Monster and you control two or more, I can double Optima's power and attack all of your monsters!!"-Benta

(Optima:2300 atk/4600 atk)

"Now attack Optima!!"-Benta

Attacks Newgrounds Terradin with Optima. Activates Optima's effect. (Optima:1 ZU/0 ZU)

"Since Terradin is a level seven, I can double Optima's strength once again!"-Benta

(Optima:4600 atk/9200 atk)

"Woah Benny Boy. That's a lot of power but can it stop this!"-Yuko

Yuko activates Radiation Force.

"This card takes away half of my Life Points then tributes Viker and Aquician and adds their power to Terradin!"-Yuko

(Yuko:1200/600) (Terradin:2400 atk/6300 atk)

"I'm still higher! Optima keep attacking!"-Benta

"Oh Benta. Optima loses power equal to the power Terradin gained!"-Yuko

(Optima:9200 atk/5300 atk)

"No!"-Benta

Terradin destroys Optima. (Benta:900/0) Yuko wins.

[DUEL END]

"Good Game B." Yuko said walking over to Benta. "That last trap you had was really cool!"

Benta turned away. "That's the third loss in a row."

Tammi walked over and patted Benta's back. "You gave it everything you had and that's what matters."

Benta pushed Tammi away. "No. I'm a weak duelist. I've lost every duel I've been in this month. At this rate, I'm not going to make it in the Pro-Leagues." Benta teared up and ran away from his friends.

"Benta wait!!" Yuko began to follow Benta but Kenji stopped him.

"Give him some time." Kenji said. Yuko listened and watched Benta run farther and farther.

*****

Diron watched Yuko's win against Benta. He could feel something growing larger and larger in Benta's body. Losing that duel, must've increased the darkness in his heart. Diron took that as a possibility.

"My lord, you called for us?" Ito said walking into Diron's throne room and was followed by the others.

They all kneeled before their master. "As you may already know. You all are powerful duelist and loyal servants. I'm grateful to have such power in my army." Diron said.

Shun frowned. He was still broken and confused from his loss against Soran. He felt as if he always disappointed Diron. "Lord Diron, I'm not following. Are you disappointed with us or pleased?"

"I am pleased, Shun." Diron turned to Alec and Asia. "You two defeated Yuko and helped Kenji unlock the secrets of the Hyper Zeo technique." Alec and Asia were happy to hear that.

Diron turned to Ito next. "Ito, you also defeated Yuko, proving yourself as a worthy warrior." Ito nodded. Hearing those words made him more determined to defeat Yuko once more.