III. Battle With Sirens

Yuko walked with Tammi and Benta to school. The three have really become good friends. It was like they were meant to be friends.

"Yuko, I still can't believe that you beat Kenji yesterday." Benta said.

"I know right. Winning that duel now means that you're the top student in school." Tammi joined in.

"Well it doesn't matter to me if I'm the best or not."

"I just don't get why you gave up the chance to be a Blue." Benta complained. "Yellows like me and Tammi dream of being Blues!"

"Well Red's my best color."

Tammi giggled and looked around. She noticed that there was a lack of kids outside.

"Hey Benta, what time is it?" She asked. Benta pulled his duel gazer and checked the clock.

"It's seven....fourty-nine!!"

"We're late!"

*****

The three ran as fast as they could. They had one minute before the school bell rang. It was hopeless. Tammi and Benta had perfect attendance, but that seemed to be ruined once the clock struck 7:50.

"It's too late." Benta said still running. "My perfect attendance is ruined."

The three then ran into a traffic light and saw almost a hundred cars driving through.

"There's way too many!" Tammi complained. "It'll be forever to finally cross."

"Oh well. Guess we can grab some grub until then." Yuko suggested as he walked over to the hot dog stand near them.

"Yuko really?!?!?" Tammi grabbed Yuko by the ear.

"Sorry I'm hungry!" Yuko yelped trying to stop Tammi from pinching his ear.

"We're late for school and you're worried about food?" Benta crossed his arms.

"Benta you can never go wrong with a hot dog."

Sirens started wailing in the distance. In a few seconds, a cop car came into sight.

"But you can go wrong with the cops!"

The three ran faster than they ever could, but the cop car was closing in on them fast. It was only a matter of time before the officer caught up to them and blocked them off.

"They caught us!" Tammi screamed. Benta and Tammi started shaking once the car door opened. The officer stood before the three.

"Aren't you three suppose to be in school?" He asked. Everyone was scared to reply except for Yuko. He was so calm.

"We were just on our there." Yuko said.

The officer stared at the three and shook his head.

*****

"I'm too young to go to jail!" Benta whined in the back seat of the cop car.

"I have a future ahead of me!" Tammi whined also. Yuko laughed at their patheticness. Being in a cop car didn't bother him. The officer took a good look at Yuko through the rear view mirror.

"Hey aren't you that kid who beat Kenji Itaru yesterday?" He asked.

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"It's all over the papers." He tossed Yuko a newspaper. It read, New Student Takes The Throne.

"Wow I'm famous."

Benta and Tammi kept whining while Yuko and the cop talked more.

"So what do they call you?" Yuko asked.