XXXVIII. This Is War

Yuko and his friends dueled valiantly, but the Legion was too much for them. Everyone found salvage in a destroyed building.

"I can't take this!!" Yuko cry out as he fell to his knees. "Everything is being destroyed!!"

Tammi hugged Yuko. She wanted to give him encouraging words, but she couldn't form a sentence. Seeing her city in ruins was just too mentally damaging.

Mimi sat in a corner and bursted into tears. "We're all going to die!!"

Cambell stood over her. "Missy this is war!! Stop crying and keep your head up!!"

"Look who's talking." Victoria said as she watched the city through a cracked window. The image was too gruesome. "I saw you crying out there, Cambell. Stop trying to act all tough."

Cambell stomped over to Victoria. "You saying I'm not a real soilder!!!"

"Yes."

Geno stood by the two. "Is this really the time to argue?"

Cambell shot Geno an angry look. "Oh shut up." Cambell pointed out of the window. "That is a man's battlefield. Not for biker gang softies and especially not for a women."

Geno and Victoria almost punched Cambell in the face, but Benta stepped inbetween them. "Okay guys. No need for the fighting. We have something bigger to worry about."

Geno sighed. "You're right."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Benta turned to Yuko, who was still being comforted by Tammi. "Yuko, what's the plan? Do we go back out there?"

Yuko wasn't sure. He couldn't process anything. "I........I don't know."

Kenji stood over Yuko and slapped him. "I thought you were the Heart of Unity." Kenji spat on Yuko. "Get up and be hero you're suppose to be."

Kenji walked over to the door. "If you can't protect this world, who can?" He opened the door, but was stopped by the presence of Soran.

Cambell and the others jumped once they saw Soran. "Woah!! Who's this guy?!?"

"I'm the guy who told to help Yuko." Soran said as he walked over to Yuko. "You're a wreck right now, aren't you?"

Yuko stood to his feet. "I guess so. Everything is being destroyed and......" Yuko shed a tear. "And I don't know how to stop it!!! I'm suppose to be a hero, but I can't even defeat a Legion member!! First Alec and Alec and Diron spared me!!"

Everyone watched Yuko cry a bit more. "Why?!? Why am I the hero? Why am I the Heart of Unity?!?!?"

Soran placed a comforting hand on Yuko's shoulder. "You dueled Diron huh? Don't worry about him. I'll take care of him." He made Yuko face him. "And whipped those tears man. You're in the presence of four legends." He pointed to Yusei, Jaden, Yuma, and Yuya.

Yuko looked into the spirits eyes and saw exactly what he was feeling in their past lives.

"Yuko, when my friends and I were all sent to a different dimension, I went crazy. I watched my closest of friends fade away into the stars. It was like all hope was lost, but I soon managed to keep my head up and save them all." Jaden shared.

"The city I lived in was going be destroyed by a falling sky temple. I admit that I was scared, but it didn't stop me from trying to save the city I loved." Yusei added.

"I lost a friend of mine in a really tough duel. When he was gone, I couldn't face the reality of his death. My friends needed me to stay strong and with their help, I was able to save my friend." Yuma added.

"Whenever I was put into a tough position, I would doubt myself myself first. But then I'd think about my dad and his advice and I was always able to overcome the issue." Yuya shared.

Yuko smiled. He didn't want to be the person who let the city fall. He wiped his tears. "Thanks for telling me all of that guys. I feel a lot better now."

"That's the spirit!! Now let's get out there and kick some Legion butt!!" Soran cheered. "I have a plan."

Everyone gathered around Soran. "Okay so there are four generals who work for Diron. They're really tough, so this won't be easy."

Soran looked at everyone to see if anyone would back out. No one did. "Each general has taken a certain part of the city. One in the North, on in the South, another in the East, and the last in the West. If you all team up in pairs, you can defeat the generals all at once."

"What will you do?" Tammi asked.

"I'll bring any survivors to safety. I can send them to a safe place out of town."

Everyone agreed with Soran's plan. "I think it would be best if me, Tammi, Benta, and Kenji don't pair up. We can cover more ground and the others won't be overwhelmed." Yuko said knowing that Mimi, Cambell, Victoria, and Geno have no experience dueling The Legion.

"I'll go with Mimi then." Tammi said.

"Victoria, you can gowith me." Benta said.

Kenji looked over at Geno, indicating that he's pairing with him.

"That leaves me and Cambell then." Yuko pulled out his duel gear and so did everyone else. "Let's go."

Everyone ran outside, but Tammi pulled Yuko back. She needed to say her goodbye because she wasn't sure what the future held for Yuko.

"What's up Tam?" Yuko asked.

"Yuko....After the duel me and Benta had against the.....uh 'not you'...I just realized that-" Her voice grew weak. Knowing that Yuko could possibly never come back really broke her heart. It just didn't seem fair to her. "I just wanted to tell you that.....if you...don't return, I...uh...wanted to let you know that.." Tammi began again, but Yuko stopped her by giving a caring hug.

"I know what you have to say. I can see it in your eyes." Yuko hugged Tammi tighter. "Don't worry. I'll return." He let go and ran after Cambell.

Tammi teared up a bit and smiled.

"Tammi!!! Come on!!" Mimi called.

Tammi took one last look at Yuko and ran to Mimi.

*****

Shun finally arrived in the Realm of Wind. A huge storm cloud circled around the temple where Shun's opponent awaited.

"First I'll defeat this god and then face Kenji." Shun summoned his wind patterned duel disk. "That Hyper Zeo is mine."

*****

Asia watched the ocean shores of the Realm of Water. Everything was so serene and peaceful. Asia took in the beauty and sighed.

"I'm going to regret this."

*****

Alec watched his surroundings. It was a lava wonderland. He felt right at home. "I'd like to crash here for awhile."

Alec smirked. "Too bad I have to destroy it."

*****

Ito sat in the meadow of beautiful Realm of Life. The flowers were comforting to Ito's unstable emotions. He began to play his flute.

Everything swayed in the gentle wind to Ito's song. The moment was perfect.

"Beautiful song." A voice said from behind Ito. Ito turned to see the Goddess of Life, Reigna.

*****

Diron watched the war begin in Domino Heart City. Everything was going according to plan.

"May the battle begin."