LXVI. In The Name of Unity (Part 2)

Yuko took a few steps back. His heart was stirring harder than it usually did. He felt the dark energy radiating off of Xerus' Hyper Zeo.

Kenji wasn't suprised that Xerus was able to Zeo Summon. He was a little intimidated by the monster though and questioned if he could protect himself while helping Yuko at the same time.

Xerus laughed. "You two are in for a treat."

[DUEL CONTINUED]

•Xerus(7000): Activates Cursed Stream of Darkness.

"Since I Hyper Zeo Summoned a Dark-Attribute, I'd suggest that you two say good-bye to your monsters!"-Xerus

Destroys Terradin and Meteor Yuan.

"And with that done, I'll end my turn with a face down."-Xerus

Sets 1 card.

"What's wrong Yuko? Scared?"-Xerus

"N-no."-Yuko

"What was that? No? Oh Yuko. You can't lie to me. I can smell the fear on you. Ah yes. You smell just like your parents right before I killed them."-Xerus

"I'm not scared of you!!!!"-Yuko

"Lying again Yuko. You can't run from the truth. You're just like your father. He was a man who claimed to fear nothing. But of course when he saw me.........Hahaha!! Instead of telling you, I'll show you."-Xerus

*****

Yuko's surroundings changed. Kenji wasn't by his side anymore. He looked around and realized that he was in Deltrus' home realm. He saw the Beast of Hell wrecking havoc across the land. Fear set in.

"This was during the war." Xerus appeared next to Yuko. He pointed towards two adults running through the streets with the man's hand glowing.

Yuko knew instantly that they were his parents and that the man had the Mark of Unity on his hand. A tear dropped from his eye. He was actually seeing his parents for the first time. He reached out and began to run after them, but Xerus grabbed his shoulder.

"Watch closely boy." Xerus whispered in Yuko's ear and transformed into pure dark energy.

Yuko's parents turned and saw Xerus charging at them. "Run!!" Yuko's father cried. They ran faster, but Xerus had already caught up to them.

The god changed back into his normal and intercepted the two. They stepped back as Xerus stepped forward. "Ah. So you're the Heart of Unity."

"You won't win this war Xerus. Olympia will prevail." Yuko's mother said.

"I agree. Olympia will prevail, but under my rule."

"I'm not handing it over." Yuko's father, Kakashi said. The Mark of Unity shined brighter.

Xerus laughed. "If only I could take it. You will give me the mark." His hand began to glow. "Or else."

Yuko's parents exchanged looks. "Never."

Xerus smirked and shot a beam of darkness right through Yuko's mother heart. "Keyta!!" Yuko's father cried.

It happened so fast that Yuko's reaction was delayed. Yuko watched as his mother fell to ground dead. He tried to cry out, buy his voice was gone for some reason. He felt helpless.

"You monster!!" Kakashi tried to punch Xerus, but the god froze his body and lifted Yuko's father in the air with his powers. "You'll pay for that."

Xerus applied a little pressure and Kakashi winced. "Do you honestly think that you can stop me from building a perfect kindgom of darkness? I'm a god and you're nothing but a demigod."