XXXII. Last School Duels

The day to announce the students who will represent DHA at the Battle of the Academies has finally come. Everyone gathered into the gymnasium and took their seats.

Principal Walker walked onto the Duel Field. "Hello everyone. The Battle of the Academies has finally come." All the students cheered. "As you all know, we will be going up against Kaiba Corp Academy again this year."

"Boo!!" The students chanted.

"Now now. That isn't necessary." Walker said. "As we do every year, we take a vote. Each class rank will choose one student from their respective classes to represent our school in a three-on-three team duel."

Yuko was excited and a little nervous. He knew that rivalry between DHA and KCA would make a great battle, but he wasn't sure which school would walk out victorious. "This whole thing is going to be epic."

"Tell me about it." Tammi felt the same as Yuko. "I wonder who's going to be picked."

"I think it's pretty obvious who." Benta added.

Principal Walker raised three envelopes. "I have the results. The Red Class has chosen," She opened one envelope and read the results. "Well this doesn't suprise me at all. Yuko Sorama!!"

"Me?" Yuko was suprised.

No one else was shocked. Benta laughed. "Like I said. It's pretty obvious."

"But that means," Yuko remembered his time at KCA. It wasn't the best time of his life. "I have to go back..."

KCA had a similar rank system to DHA except the colors were white, silver, and black. Yuko was white, the lowest ranking. People bullied the White Class because they weren't seen as smart kids or good duelist.

Yuko hated that because he knew that he was great duelist. He was just bad at testing. That was the reason why he transfered to DHA. He heard that everyone was treated equally despite the rank system.

"You don't talk much about KCA, Yuko." Tammi said.

"Yeah. I try not to."

Principal Walker opened the second the envelope. "Representing the Yellow Class is," She read the results. "I'm happy with this one. Benta Kazama!!"

Benta rose from his seat. He knew that the Yellow Class would pick him mainly because people told him that they voted for him. He's been a great president to them. "Thanks for picking me guys!"

"I guess we're teaming up Benta." Yuko said.

"Yeah. We'll beat those KCA chumps."

"And the representative for the Blue Class is none other than...Kenji Itaru!!" Principal Walker announced. Everyone screamed.

"And no suprise there." Benta said.

Yuko started freaking out. "Yes!! The ultimate trio!!"

Kenji stood and walked down to the Duel Field. He usually hated this time of the year, but because he was teamed up with two of his only friends, it seemed like he was actually going to enjoy himself this year.

Yuko and Benta walked onto the field. Principal Walker smiled at the three. "I'm happy with this year's turn out. Who else is happy?" She screamed into the mic. The school cheered.

Kenji tapped Yuko's shoulders. "I have a feeling that KCA isn't going to be easy to beat this year."

"How so?"

"They always find a way to get stronger each year. We'll need a gameplay."

"I say we meet up tonight at Yuko's." Benta suggested.