XXX. Clone of Darkness (Part 1)

Diron sat in his throne. He held a sphere of darkness in his hand. "Now go Yoku. Take form and release the darkness in his heart."

The sphere flickered as if it heard Diron's command. It flew out of the room and into the city.

Diron smiled. "The final test begins now."

*****

Yuko sat on his roof with Jaden and Yusei by his side. They were all in deep thought.

"So is there anything else you guys remember?" Yuko asked.

Jaden tried to remember more of the Battle Royale. "Nothing that would help. What about you Yusei?" Jaden said.

Yusei tried to remember. "All I can remember is summoning our aces." Yusei said.

Yuko sighed. They were getting nowhere. Neither of them could remember anything about the other duelist who were in the Battle Royale.

"It's useless. Maybe we should..." Yuko froze. A memory came into his mind.

*****

A boy stood in a corner of an arena. Jaden and Yusei in the other corners. The boy had two Level Four monsters on his field. "Now that I have two level four monsters, I can Xyz Summon!"

"Xyz Summon?" Yusei wasn't quite sure what was coming.

"What's that?" Jaden asked.

"You'll see." The boy's monsters changed into orbs of light and dissolved into the ground. A white warrior with golden armor and wings rose from the ground. "I Xyz Summon Number 39: Utopia!!"

*****

"You guys saw that too right?" Yuko asked. Jaden and Yusei nodded.

"An Xyz monster." Yusei said. He started to think about the forbidden cards. "Could that be one of the blank monster types?"

"And could that boy be the spirit inside that card?" Jaden added.

"Maybe." Yuko stood up. "We really have to figure this out."

*****

Tammi and Benta were making their way to Yuko's place. They were going to have a few duel sessions.

"Hey Tammi," Benta began. He had a lot on his mind. "The Legion. Do you think we should help Yuko fight against them?"

Tammi nodded. She agreed. "Of course!" Then she remembered how tough they were. "But what can we do?" They both stopped walking for a moment. "I get that we're strong duelist and all, but do you think that we would be much help?"

Benta agreed. Tammi had a valid point. The Legion is just way too strong for them. Benta figured that if they could beat Yuko, then him and Tammi wouldn't stand a chance. Benta remembered his duel against Alec and Asia.

Benta smiled. Asia.

"What are you smiling about?" Tammi asked.

"N-nothing!"

*****

Ito examined the printings on the temple walls. He noticed three dragons made of rocks and many other relics like mask and weapons.

"So this is what father was looking for." Ito placed his hand on the wall printings. "Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, and the Olmecs." Ito finally found the temple where his deck come from.

*****

Alec and Asia stood at opposite sides of the field. Their Life Points were low, but equal. Both of them were exhausted from their duel.