Rule 73

Rainie
Chapter 6
November 25,2016

I looked down at the time on my phone. I had to squint my eyes to try and adjust to the light. I was high as fuck and ended up in my apartment with Miguel. We both hated the holidays.

"Where is that fine ass man named Steven at?"

"Probably doing the same thing we doing right now,"'I said and laughed.

"How was the dinner?" He asked me.

"Made me realize how fucked up families can be and I'm glad I was the only child," I said and laughed.

"That bad?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I said and looked at him.

He shook his head and looked down at his phone.

"Nora coming over," he said.

"You mean Nora will be busting through that door any 1 minute," I said and laughed.

"Loud as hell too," he said and laughed.

I licked my lips and placed my second bottle of 1800 to my lips. I let the liquid coat my throat. I placed the square to my lips as I slowly inhaled.

I watched as my phone lit up and vibrated in my hand. I watched as the photo I took of her before I left light up my phone. It was her standing there in front of the window in my big house. The sunrise illuminated her face perfectly. Her hair was in a curly untamed fro ontop of her head and the curls framed her face perfectly. She was looking back at me smiling with my Batman sheet that clung to her body. Well all but her shoulders.

"You better get that. It could be wifey," Nora said as she busted in my door on cue.

"And we don't ignore wifey," Miguel said.

"Rule 73," I said.

"Girl she didn't make you do Rule 45," Nora said and plopped down on my lap.

"Frankie must be feeding you good," I said and laughed.

"Girl! Let me tell you that nigga is a chief. Like she went to school for it. Last night she made this bomb ass lava cake," she said.

"The chocolate one with the ice cream ontop and the chocolate sauce that gets hard when you pour it over it?" I asked her.

"Hell yeah! And the cake and chocolate on the inside is warm?!" She yelled.

We both laughed.

"Mila made me one before I left and trust me she was good for at least two weeks," I said.

"She did have a little limp after you left," Miguel said and laughed.

"And Frankie should have one when she wake up," Nora said and we all laughed.

"But for real husband. Rule 45," he said.