Chapter 8

I don't know what I should do first. I've been here for exactly one hour already. I look down at my instructions. He doesn't need his pain medicine until after he wakes up and eats his breakfast. Should I just let him sleep in? It is still early....

       Nah. I'm going to wake him up. If what his mom says is true,  and  he hasn't left his room since he has been home , then he needs me to get up all in his personal space. I grab his pain medicine, a bottle of water, a protein bar and I barge into his room. The first thing that I notice is how dark it is in his room. What is he? A vampire? Inside of his room, you would never know that it was broad daylight outside. I sigh, heavily, and make my way across the room. There are clothes all over his floor, as well, as tons of other random crap. I have to watch where I'm walking so that I don't trip. He has the covers thrown off of his body and he is sound asleep. I gasp a little bit when my eyes roam over his body and I see his legs....well what's left of what used to be his legs. They are just two stumps now. I wonder why he doesn't have any prosthetic ones....that would help him a lot.
          I put down the medicine, the water bottle, and the protein bar on the table beside his bed. I decide to pull the covers up over his body. He is wearing a black t-shirt and grey basketball shorts. During this, his eyes pop open. I freeze with my hands on the covers.  "What in the world are you doing?" He practically yells at me. This isn't the guy that I'm used to. He was always so soft spoken and lovey dovey with my sister.

"I was putting the covers on you. I thought that you might be cold." I take my hands away from his covers, and back away.

He eyes me up and down, with an angry look on his face. "So, you are here to take care of me, huh?" He grunts. He doesn't sound happy....at all. Who would be excited to have their fiancé's little sister take care of them? Especially, since that fiancé has practically fallen off of the face of the earth and abandoned him.

"Yes. " I tell him. I really don't know what else to say to that. I don't have an epic explanation as to why I agreed to do this. It just felt like the right thing to do.

He grunts again, but he doesn't say anything else. I'm surprised that he actually said anything to me at all.

"I brought you a protein bar to eat real quick so that you can take your medicine. Your mom said that's what you normally do." At least, that is what she wrote on the paper. "I brought you a bottle of water, too."

    He sighs, and begins to try and sit up in his bed. It takes him a few moments and a little bit of grunting, but he does it. Once he sits up, he looks at me, as if he is embarrassed, but then his face quickly goes back into its angry form. I hand him his protein bar, his water bottle, and his medicine.

"Let me know when you are done with that. I'll come back and we can figure out our routine." I tell him as I make my way out of his cave of a room.

He doesn't look at me, but he nods his head, as he begins to open the protein bar.