Chapter 47: Forgive Me?

Start from the beginning

Here we go.

"I thought we promised to tell each other everything. Even if it's dangerous"He says.

"I know but I was scared Justin"I say.

"You say the same excuse all the time. You don't think I'm scared either? Ariana I'm scared okay! I'm scared of you or Sophia getting hurt. If you don't tell me anything how am I supposed to protect you?"He yells.

"Look I'm sorry but you shouldn't be that mad at me. You hide stuff from me all the time"I say.

"What do you mean?"He asks.

"You hide your feelings Justin. I want you to tell me how your feeling sometimes instead of always worrying about me"I say.

"What does my feelings have to do with anything? How I feel doesn't matter. You and Sophia matter way more than my feelings"He says and stands up from the bed.

"But you matter to me Justin! I want you to tell me the deep stuff, Like that dream you had"I say.

"You want to know about the dream so bad? Fine. I had a dream of you and Sophia. The kidnapper raped you right in front of me. He raped you right in front of my eyes! I couldn't do anything about it! I had to stay there and watch everything!"He yells.

"Justin I had no idea"I say standing up and hugging him. "Sophia also called him her Daddy. You know how bad that hurt to hear her say those words?"He asks.

"I'm so sorry Justin"I hug him again.
He hugs me tighter.

"We can't tell the police okay? Just drop the charges on Chaz and leave it at that. We'll have to figure out a different way to get Sophia"I tell him.

"But Ariana-"He begins but I cut him off. "But nothing. I'm not gonna have this guy kill Jayden or Brianna"I say.

"Brianna? Why do you keep saying Brianna? Don't you mean Sophia?"He asks confused.

"He has Brianna, Jeanette's little sister too. He showed me in that video message I received"I say.

"What all did he tell you exactly?"He asks. "He told me that I should've listened and never tried to run that night. He told me about Chaz and then he showed me Brianna and Jayden"I explain.

"I still can't believe Chaz is innocent. He'll probably never want to talk to me again"He looks down.

"It's not your fault. None of this is your fault. He'll understand that if he's your best friend"I comfort him.

"I doubt it"He mumbles.

"If it makes you feel any better, Your not the only one who has to do some convincing. I blamed Jeanette too"I say.

"I guess we're really the worst friends, not them"He says.

"Why don't we go get ready and go release Chaz. Then after that, we can both apologize to our friends"I say. He nods in agreement.

We get ready and then head downstairs.

"Bye mom"I say as we pass the kitchen.

"Where are you guys going? Aren't you gonna have breakfast?"She asks.

"No we need to go make some things right"I say. "Okay, see you later then"She says.

We pass Frankie and Emily in the living room. They are both watching tv cuddled in each other's arms.

Justin grabs my mom's keys and we leave. I dial Jeanette's number.

"What do you want?"Jeanette answers harshly. "I need you to meet us at the police station"I say.