Cheryl and Sweet Pea

Requested by bestofbugheaddd

Cheryl hated the Serpents and wanted nothing to do with them. She had no business hooking up with gangsters and "roaming the streets" it just wasn't her cup of tea. Until that day Sweet Pea showed up wearing a RH uniform instead of his musky old serpent jacket. She was doing her absolute best not to stare at his arms, his biceps almost busting out the flannel. She'd been spending a lot of time with him lately, in fact, he was probably her best friend. He always responded to her texts, came when she asked, and lent her a pencil when she needed one, even though she "forgot " pencils a lot. The only thing stopping her from making a move was the thought of losing him if things didn't work out. She needed a friend, but a boyfriend was a want. And she couldnt afford him. She was supposed to stay at the sail rack in target, where the items she could afford lived. She sighed and closed her locker door, taking a long lasting, one-sided glance, at Sweet Pea. One day. Her head told her, one day.

How long would Sweet Pea have to drop hints to show he was interested in her. Like gee, that was the only reason he started hanging out with her, until he found out how cool she really was. He used to find her snobby and selfish, now he saw brave and independent. Just last night they were at Pops sitting across from Bughead, and he deliberately rubbed his leg against hers!!! Had she not noticed? Maybe he should have pushed harder against her. He contemplated just asking her out, but the possibly of her saying no was high, and the consequence of her saying no was terrible. He didn't want to lose a potential girlfriend and his best friend. Best friend. He hadn't really though about it much, but since Fangs hasn't been going anywhere, Toni was usually with Veronica or Valerie, he and Cheryl had become best friends. Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing-falling for her-but I just can't help it. She's too darn cute. He stared after her as she walked away toward the science room, biology textbooks tucked against her chest. I'm going put detective Bughead to use, see if they-Betty- can talk to her. For the first time in a while, he had a plan.

"What?"
"Just ask her for me, please?"
"You ask her."
"No!! You know how awkward that'd be? Me walking up to her like 'hey Cheryl, do you like me? We should date?"
"Then don't say that, sound less like a five year old and more like a 17 year old." Sweet Pea huffed.
"Betty please, just have a casual girl talk with her, y'know, in the locker room."
"Oh sure, want me to get a picture for you too?"
"I mean, I'm not closed to it..."
"Sweet Pea!!"
"Fine, just ask her if she's interested, and if she's not, then I'll back off. Deal?" Betty looked at him, her arms crossed and trying to hold a stern face. Eventually she broke into a smile and nodded.
"Alright alright, I'll ask her. But you owe me!" She called as she left the lounge. Sweet Pea made a fist and pulled his elbow back. Hopefully, writhing the next hour and a half, Betty would have good news for him.

"Ah Choo, Ah choo!" Josie laughed at the quiet sneeze.
"Cheryl that was the most pathetic sneeze I've ever heard. It was like a mouse with a pollen allergy." Cheryl took out a tissue and blew her nose.
"I think I do have an allergy. I've been sneezing all day."
"Maybe it's the weather, it's been so hot a cold day like this is odd. It should go away."
"Thanks Betty," Cheryl said, smiling at her cousin. The attention of the room was drawn to Josie, who was taking a selfie with just her bra and shorts on.
"Oooh, what happened to 'it's just a casual thing, nothing too sexy'?" Cheryl asked.
"What do you mean?"
"I believe, I quote Betty on this, that you said 'Rosie's not there yet', right B?" Betty nodded enthusiastically.
"Josies got her man, I got my man, how about you Cheryl, anyone on your mind?" Cheryl could feel her face get hit with embarrassment.
" oh that face looks guilty! Tell us Cher Bear, who's the guy?" Cheryl smiled rather sheepishly.
"Sweet Pea, But don't say anything! I'm not sure he likes me 'that way'." Betty grinned, sneakily.
"Don't worry, I won't say a word..."

Sweet Pea waited by the Riverdale High sign next to Jughead as they watched for Betty. "Sweet Pea, chill, you're giddy as a school girl." Sweet Pea rubbed his hands together.
"I heard that before, 'giddy as a school girl', Indiana Jones, the third one I think." Jughead nodded before pointing the porcelain blonde approaching in her Vixen clothes.
"Hey Juliet," Jughead said, kissing her.
"Mmm, hi Romeo."
"K k k, whoa. Dakota. Stop. Betty, any news?" Betty laughed and pulled away from Jughead.
"Yes Sweet Pea, I asked her."
"And?"
"Your feelings are mutual."
"English, cooper."
"She likes you."
"Yes!!" Sweet Pea hollered in the parking lot, "wooo!" Betty and Jughead has amused looks.
"It's nice seeing Sweet Pea happy for once," Betty said.
"Yeah no kidding. Anyway, Betty you should get to practice, Cheryl may like Sweet Pea but if you spend any more time out here she's gonna hate you." Betty kissed Jughead goodbye and walked back into the school.
"This is so lit man, you have no idea."
"Ok. Call me when 14 year old Sweet Pea is gone and the 17 year old is back. Good luck man, hope you hit that." Jughead patted Sweet Pea's shoulder and walked to his motorcycle, leaving Sweet Pea to stand there and daydream about what comes next.

I know I said I'd be able to update quicker but I got company. Any hope you enjoyed let me know, there's a Kangs or Fevin whatever chapter up next, c u then.