Cheryl and Josie pt.1

Cheryl forced herself to look down when she went into change rooms. She didn't know if it was normal to look at the other girls, but she couldn't help it when it came to Josie. Josie had stood by Cheryl in the toughest of times, when her brother died, her father had killed himself, and when her house "burned" down. The Black Hood has terrorized Riverdale for so long it was nice for the town to have a little peace, so she could focus on herself, and her relationship with her mother. In time, she knew, she could make Mrs. Blossom a mother, her mother. The mother that cared about her, that had bought Christmas presents under the ID of Santa. Christmas was coming up, and although her mother said it would be slim Christmas, but Cheryl was getting a present, she would make her mother buy her a present. Cheryl turned her head for a moment when Josie dropped her towel to her waist to put on a bra. Cheryl bit her lip and forced herself to look away. No, it's not right! No one would like me, respect me. I'm just lonely, that's all. How could she convince everyone else if she couldn't convince herself?

Sitting in her bedroom, focusing on her art was her favorite past time these days. It let her focus on herself and not the cruel world she belonged to. She reached under her bed and pulled out a small wooden box, flat oak wood with the word Jason carved into it. She trusted this, Jason always kept her secrets safe, from anyone, even mother. When she slid open the box the picture of her and Josie unfolded. It was a Polaroid photo at a sleepover, not too long ago. They were both in their pj's, Cheryl's were rose red, light pink spots patterned the blouse. But Josie was in a regular T-shirt with the Pussycat's name on it. It was a white shirt, and black shorts, Cheryl was almost sure she could see through it. Suddenly she heard a knock on the door. She placed the photo in the box and slid it under her bed, she could hear it slide against the floor as the door opened. Cheryl's mother stood with her arms crossed and her lips pushed out, giving Cheryl a glimpse of pure hatred. She's no mother!
"I'm going out. Would you care to join me?" Her fake politeness made her want to throw up.
"No, mother. I'm fine here." She forced a smile, waiting for her to leave.
"You've dropped something." Her mother gestured to the opposite side of the bed before slamming the door behind her. Cheryl turned around to look, Jason's box was sitting on the loose floorboard by her bed. I must have pushed it too hard, it went all the way to the other side of the bed... She was glad her mother hadn't insisted on looking inside of the box, where she kept her secrets.

Cheryl walked down the hallways of Riverdale High aimlessly. Avoiding the tears and drama that held her back. She should tell Josie how she felt, shouldn't she? But I don't want to loose Josie as a friend. She frowned and found herself in the locker room. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath let her relax a little when she noticed the Pussycat's in a heated argument. Valerie leaned in close to Josie's face and let out a yell.
"YOU LEFT, JOSIE!! YOU DIDN'T WANT US! YOUR STALKER GOT YOU A BIG BREAK SO YOU KEPT IT A SECRET? PUSSYCATS COME FIRST, JOSIE, PUSSYCATS COME FIRST!" The Valerie's hand whipped at Josie's face, and Cheryl reacted. She ran up to Valerie and tapped her on the shoulder, when she turned around Cheryl had her fist ready.
"STAY AWAY FROM JOSIE!" She yelled when Val fell to floor. Cheryl's breath was heavy, but so was her heart, but when she turned to face Josie, she was crying.
"Oh Cheryl, what have you done?!"