Hermione and Alice #3

Requested by Datawkwardperson2714

Hermione stepped out of the shower, feeling no better than she had before. She wrapped herself in her towel and exited the bathroom, surprised to see Alice was no longer here. Oh my gosh, I can only imagine how she feels. She knew however bad she felt Alice felt a hundred times worse. Hermione found Alice's shirt on the bed, Alice must've taken the wrong one, so Hermione put it on anyway. It was brighter than what she usually wore, a light grey and beige plaid, with no sleeves. She found her black leggings and boots, as well as undergarments and put on what was hers. She held an extra pair of panties, unsure of what to do with them. Do I give them back? Throw it out? Keep it? She quickly, slightly unwillingly, disregarded the last option, and went for the second one. Returning those would be way to awkward. After sorting through her purse, and all other evidence, she left the room and it's secrets behind. Now she had to face the hardest part: home.

"Okay mom, you need to fix this. Hermione Lodge is married, and she is a Lodge! The Lodges- well Hiram I guess- isn't fond us as it is. Imagine what it would be like if he found out about this. Collateral damage, mom. Lots of damage." Alice ran her fingers over her eyebrows, her forehead dripping in sweat.
"You know what Betty? I'm going to take a shower and change, I can figure this out later. Now go to school." Elizabeth rolled her eyes and left her mother alone, closing the door behind her

Hermione stood at the door of their room in the Pembroke, totally not excited for what was coming next. The feeling of guilt and dreaded clouded over her like the fog around Sweetwater River. She didn't have a plan. Would she tell him? Tell Veronica? Tell no one? Tell them both?!
"Let Fate decide," she whispered when she opened the door."
"Mom!" Veronica called when Hermione stepped in, "You're early!"
"I...am?"
"Yeah, I thought you wouldn't be home for another hour, that's what you texted me last night." Hermione gulped.
"Last night?" Veronica pulled out her phone and sighed.
"I saw your Instagram photos, asked you if you were coming home and you said: no. I'll be home around noon tomorrow, things are getting hot!!" Veronica must've seen the look on Hermione's face because she crossed her arms, "I did the exact same thing when I saw your pics and read your text. You were sooooo drunk, even daddy noticed the bags under your eyes." Hermione tried not to freak out, she had to get to her Instagram page. She needed to know what she had posted.
"Yeah well, it's been a tough week. I'm going to go lie down. Uh, go to school."
"Darn, now I Kevin $10, I thought you'd forget about school. See you at three!" She called before the door closed behind her. Hermione retreated to her room, just wanting to relax and make a game plan. She needed to see Alice, so they could go on this together, so until then it had to be a secret. She opened her bedroom door-exhausted and ready for a mid-day nap, but instead the room was filled with rose petals and the sweet scent of sparkling Cider.
"There you are my queen," Hiram said, exiting the bathroom with just a towel on. Hermione started to breath rapidly, her mid raced and she felt consciousness slipping away. Her vision slipping away, her knees getting weak, she held onto the bed frame, steadying herself so she could speak.
"Hi. Uh these are-uh where-nice roses. But I'm awfully tired right now. So I'm just gonna crawl into bed. I'll talk to you later." Hiram said nothing, just wore a look of confusion on his face while he watched Hermione crawl into bed.
You must rest Hermione, you've got a lot of work to do.

Alice has been looking at her party pictures for hours, trying to think of what went through her head last night. What part of me thought this was okay? She was interrupted by a new text message, one she had been dreading all morning:

Hermione Lodge
Need to talk, Alice. Meet me at two thirty, Pops.

Alice closed her eyes. She could stay sane until two thirty, right?

Another chapter for tonight because I felt guilty. Hope you enjoy 😊