"I'm sorry," he apologized while on the ground, upper body leaning back slightly with Mistivera on the ground as well over him.

"Don't talk to me with that face of his..." Mistivera lowered her head in depression. "Don't keep reminding me of him..."

Her voice sounded weak and fragile, making Loganel want to do whatever that is within his powers to protect her. However, he knows that he was still too weak to provide any real support for the weeping girl before her.

I...can't do much to help her, he thought as he looked at her with a bitter expression on his face. But... he grabbed onto a nearby towel and wrapped it around his face so as to conceal it. This is the least I can do.

"I'm sorry," Loganel apologized once again. "I'm sorry that I'm not as strong as him. I'm sorry that I can't change the way I look. But I can try and hide it."

Mistivera raised her head and looked at him, revealing her tear stained face.

"What're you doing?" she asked.

"This is the least I can do to help you feel better," Loganel said, feeling a heavy guilt weighing down on his conscience. "If I just keep my face hidden, then you won't have to be reminded of him. As for my voice though...I'm sorry but I can't do much about it."

A smile broke through the wall of sadness as she gazed at Loganel. "What're you? Stupid? How tedious would that be if every time that you see me you will have to don a mask?"

She then reached out towards his face and began undoing the towel mask.

"B-but if I don't, then you will see his face once again."

"It's fine," Mistivera smiled. "I just have to get used to the fact that you're not him."

She finished undoing Loganel's makeshift towel mask and allowed the towel to slip from his face and back onto the floor. Then, she brought her hands to his face and held it there. She gazed at it, taking in every single aspect of the face.

So like him...she thought as she was reminded of her lover. So different yet so similar.

"Mistivera?" Loganel blushed as he felt her hands on his face. His gaze was captivated by those dark crimson eyes of hers. They appeared so relaxed, so gentle when compared to that fierce look of determination when he had first saw them that it intrigued him what made those eyes of hers to soften.

With a look of reluctance, she allowed her hands to slip from Loganel's face and down to her sides. Then, she slowly rose to her feet, removing her weight from Loganel and reached out a hand to help him up from the ground.

"Sorry," she said, her voice slowly returning back to normal. "I shouldn't have acted that way."

"No," Loganel shook his head. "Don't be sorry. I was rather glad that you acted that way."

"What? You have a strange fetish?"

"No," Loganel smiled. "It's just that I felt as if I had met the real you just then."

Mistivera blushed in embarrassment. "I-I hope you don't relax too much because we still have a long way to go." She crossed her arms before her chest and turned her body slightly so that she wasn't face to face with Loganel.

"I won't," Loganel assured her.

"Good." She seemed to have slowly regained her composure as she slowly returned to being the Mistivera that Loganel had known.

The two then sat down on opposite couches.

"Did you do what I told you to do?" Mistivera asked as she sat there comfortably with crossed arms and legs and a commanding aura flowing around her.

"Yeah," Loganel handed the coat to her. "But they told me to not return anymore."

"Why's that?" Mistivera asked as she held up the battle coat and examined its craftsmanship.

"Meriath, the blacksmith and the older sister of the twins," Loganel started explaining. "She seemed to have some history with Demons. Her husband joined a band of Demons who wished for peace between all the races. Do you happen to know them?"

Mistivera sighed. "Sadly, my knowledge is still quite limited on that part as I had only recently regained my memory prior to being sealed away in that slumber."

"Is that so..." Loganel frowned as he stared at the coffee table.

"I didn't expect them to know about the regenerative properties of our kind, but...what is done is done," she sighed. "This is quite a big loss. I've seen your sword and now this armor...the two are truly masters at their craft."

"Yeah..."

"We can't keep dwelling on the past," Mistivera folded the battle coat and placed it on the open spot next to her on the couch. "So, tomorrow you want to return to your party, corrrect?"

"Yeah," Loganel nodded.

"I would advise that you be careful," she said. "We just have to hope that Summoned Hero doesn't know of this obscure property of our kind. If he does...then there's going to be a problem. I originally intend for you to stop going with them, but..." she glance over at Loganel. "I don't reckon you would listen even if I did."

"Haha," Loganel awkwardly laughed as Mistivera had predicted exactly what he would've done.

"Just be careful tomorrow," Mistivera concluded. "I wouldn't want to become a widow and have her fiance die a few days before New Years."

Author's Note:

Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed. It really means a lot to me. If you're just gonna read that part and comment a "No", don't do that. You're not slick or something.