Logan was reluctant to do so as he held on tightly to her. He didn't care about sleep. All that he cared about was prolonging their time together, which was the reason why he believed sleep would be a waste of their time together. Instead, he Logan wanted to hold onto her longer. However, even then he wasn't able to defeat the blowing blizzard outside and the drowsiness. Thus, in the safety and warmth of the embrace of Lilith, Logan slowly fell asleep.

***

The next morning when the two woke up, neither of them spoke of what she had said last night about her future. Rather, they kept it suppressed deep within them in order to enjoy the last precious hours of their time together. However, all things have to come to an end and the time for the two to depart their separate ways came.

In the train station, Logan stood outside the door to the high speed rail train with Lilith standing before him with her luggage in hand. The two stood close to each other, embracing and sharing a final kiss before Lilith were to depart.

Logan stared at Lilith with an indescribable pain in his eyes, a pain that Lilith noticed. This made her expression bitter as she realized the torment that Logan was subjected to. However, her mind was made up and all she could do was hope that Logan would be able to overcome such emotions.

Soon came the time for the train's departure. Lilith boarded the train with her luggage in hand and gazed longingly at Logan as she waited for the train door to close and separate her from her lover that stood on the platforms.

"Goodbye," she whispered to him as her eyes watered up.

"Bye..." Logan nodded.

"See you," she forced a smile as the train door slowly closed, separating them, and then taking her away from her lover.

"See...you..."

Logan lowered his hand after failing to wave to her as she departed. He looked down at the ground, depression being the definition of his mental state as he stood there. He stood there motionlessly for a few minutes as he appeared to be deep in thought. Then, he clenched his hands into fists and started for the opposite side of the platform as he waited for his own train.

As he waited, he took out his phone and began typing in a message that he was going to send Lilith. However, when he finished and his thumb hovered over the send message prompt, he could not bring himself to do so. He hesitated, unable to do anything as he stood there static. With a defeated and fatigued sigh, Logan began deleting the message and slip his phone back into his pockets.

"I could not muster the courage to send that message at that moment," the mysterious boy turned and said to Loganel. "I couldn't bring myself to willingly let go of someone I love...I just can't. That is...until she messaged me once again and I recalled the horrors of the future without her."

The scene then shifted back to Logan's bedroom where he laid on his bed, defeated and depressed by fate. His eyes were red from weeping earlier and his body fatigued from that trip he took home. He laid on his bed for about two whole hours before his phone rang and a notification popped up. He picked up his phone with a lethargic movement of his hand and brought it over his face as he read and responded to the message.

Lilith: It sucks that this'll be the last time we'll see each other again in a while now. But I'm just glad that we're still able to meet up despite being separated for two years now.

Logan: Yeah...

Lilith: Did you get home safely?

Logan: Yup. How bout u?