73. a halloween interlude

summary
in which the team meet on the jet in full halloween costume, and spencer reveals a long-time kept secret

relationships
penelope garcia x kevin lynch
spencer reid x evan lorne

cast
matthew gray gubler as spencer reid
shemar moore as derek morgan
kirsten vanganess as penelope garcia
thomas gibson as aaron hotchner
joe mantange as david rossi
paget brewster as emily prentiss
aj cook as jj jareau
kavan smith as evan lorne

fandoms
stargate atlantis
criminal minds

"JJ, i'm actually dressed as a woman." Spencer Reid deadpanned, standing outside the bar where he was with Penelope and Kevin still in his full halloween costume and his phone pressed against his ear. "Tights and heels and makeup and i did my hair and everything! I can't turn up to the airport like this! They're never going to let me live this down!"

"Listen Spence. Hotch is dressed as a vampire, Rossi is caked in fake blood from a prank gone wrong and Morgan is dressed in drag because he lost a bet, so suck it up. I'll pick up your go bag on my way out the office and meet you at the jet in 20." JJ laughed, ending the call. Spencer groaned, eyeing himself up and down once more before heading back into the bar. He located Penelope and Kevin - the two of them had gone as the parents from Coraline - though the gender roles had been switched to match the theme of the party and their outfits were impressive.

"Gotta cut this short Penny." Spencer said apologetically. "Got to head to the airstrip."

"Get me a picture of Derek's costume!" Penelope laughed, but shoed him on his way.

"Oh that's just not fair." Spencer heard JJ and Emily complain at the same time as he entered the plane, long - waxed - legs covered in spiderweb patterned black tights, a pair of mid calf-high heeled boots laced up at the back paired with a black dress with lace sleeves. There was a significant amount of blood on his neck and the dress, a bit smeared into his hair and on his face to mimic a rather brutal throat slashing. The theme for the party Spencer was attending was gender-swap, therefore he was dressed like a woman. His hair just happened to be in its long phase, so Garcia had styled it for him. He even had a little bit of make-up on. Not so much that he looked bad, just enough to highlight his features. He kind of loved how shimmery highlighter was.

"You make a better woman than most woman, Reid." Rossi laughed as Spencer sat down in a seat, opposite Derek and JJ and next to Hotch.

"What kind of party did Garcia drag you too?" JJ enquired, stifling a laugh while handing over Spencer's glasses.

"Thanks. And it was some kind of gender-swap party. Garcia makes a surprisingly attractive man." Spencer mused, chuckling to himself. He looks up to see Hotch and Derek staring at him with raised eyebrows while JJ is making strange eyebrow movements. "What? She dressed as the dad from Coraline, and Kevin went as the mother."

"Since when are you attracted to men?" Derek quired, and Spencer doesn't sense any hostility in his tone, merely curiosity.

"Since i was 12 years old." Spencer slid his glasses on, having successfully removed his contacts in the taxi since he'd been drinking. "And the correct term would be homosexual male."

"It makes sense." Hotch said suddenly, surprising the three of them. He seemed to have a slight lisp from the very real looking vampire teeth, and had obviously cut his lip with them at least once.