123. living and breathing - spn

summary
13x06 if destiel was cannon

relationships
castiel x dean winchester

cast
alexander calvert as jack kline
jensen ackles as dean winchester
jared padalecki as sam winchester
misha collins as castiel

fandom
supernatural

The second Dean saw Cas he didn't waste a second before storming up to the angel, grabbing his jackets in his fists and kissing him hard. The Angel returned the gesture almost immediately, his hands grabbing onto his jacket and one hand curling around his neck.

"I thought i lost you." Dean whispered once they pulled away, breathing heavy and foreheads pressed together.

"So did i." Castiel admitted. When he'd woken up in the empty after Lucifer had stabbed him, he remembered the look of pure horror and pain in Dean's eyes before he'd woken to total blackness.

"Glad your back." Dean murmured, smiling faintly at the angel, who returned the smile in a smile not common. It was a smile he reserved for Dean.

After Cas had met Jack, and after learning that it was Jack who was responsible for his being alive again, Cas found Dean in his room packing for the case. They'd decided they were going to leave for Dodge City in the morning, giving Cas some time to regain a smidgen of normality before being dragged back out on a case.

"Dean?" Cas spoke hesitantly, entering the small living space and closing the door. "Can we talk?"

"What's on your mind Cas?" Dean stopped shoving clothes into his duffle and looked at Cas before remembering something. "Hold that thought." Dean pulled open several drawers and raked through them, before finally pulling out a familiar ring box that had Cas freezing in place.

"Dean..."

"Listen, Cas." Dean spoke over him. "When we got married 5 years ago, after the Leviathan, you made a promise not to recklessly put yourself in danger. And what happened, i know, it wasn't your fault." Dean held one of Cas' hands in his, standing as close to his angel as possible without being pressed right up against him. "But when you died, it felt like i had died. Fuck, Cas it felt like someone had ripped out my only reason for living."

"When i woke up in the empty." Cas began, his eyes searching Deans. "All i knew was that you were here, alone. That you were suffering, and that i needed to get back to you. And now i am. I am not leaving you again." Cas vowed, their foreheads now touching.

"Let's renew the vows." Dean said steadily. "After this case. We'll hit up the nearest Priest. Sam can be the flower girl, Jack can be the ring bearer." Cas snorted at Dean's snark but knew he was seriously.