39. sibling bonding

summary
in which while izzy alec and jace were having a sibling bonding night they get utterly wasted and make a drunken phone call

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

characters
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
dominic sherwood as jace herondale
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane

fandoms

shadowhunters

When Magnus told Alec he had to go out of town for the evening, Alec thought it would be a good idea to invite Jace and Izzy over for some sibling bonding. So, after saying goodbye to Magnus in the best way possible, Alec was sitting on the couch in only his boxer briefs, black socks and an oversized faded black sweater that fell down past his boxers when Jace and Izzy arrived.

"Hey big bro." Izzy chirped, gracefully dropping down onto the sofa beside him while Jace dropped into the one opposite the coffee table. "We brought the drink, lets do this."

"Hang on." Alec went into the kitchen for a few minutes, only to return with a large bottle of Jack Daniels and three glasses. In that time, Izzy and Jace had lined up all the bottles they'd brought. "By the angel, did you rob a liquor store or something?"

"Not technically." Izzy grinned. "Meliorn bought me this bottle last year." Izzy pointed to a cloudy bottle that held a dark green liquid. "And if you have a fake ID or hell, a rack like mine you can walk into any store." Izzy winked while the boys groaned in disgust, but that didn't deter Alec from placing down the whiskey on the table beside the two 2-litre bottles of vodka.

"Alright." Jace clapped his hands together. "Who brought the playing cards?"

20 minutes later the three lightwood siblings were teetering on the edge of drunk. They'd moved on from the card game, and all of them were situated in Magnus' living room. Alec was laying on the floor, one of his sock clad feet kicked up onto the coffee table and staring up at the patterned ceiling. Izzy had taken off her jeans and switched it for one of Alec's over-sized jumpers and taken down her hair, and she was kneeling on the couch, her drink clutched between her fingers with an excited smile on her face. Jace was laying on the couch, feet kicked up over the back of the sofa and his head hanging off the edge. And they were listening intently to Izzy's story.

"I swear by the angel, he looked so sweet." The brothers burst into further laughter. All of them had abandoned the glasses on the table by the end of the story, each of them with a bottle of vodka. "I didn't think he was capable of that."

"Oh sweet Isabelle." Alec cooed, struggling to sit upright as a wave of vertigo passed over him. "Oh, going down." Jace and Izzy burst into laughter as they watched Alec go down, smacking onto the floor with a loud thud. "Son of a bitch!"

An hour later Alec was completely plastered, his face smushed into his sister's thigh and his legs strewn across Jace's lap. Somehow all three of them managed to fit onto Magnus' rather small 2-seater couch, which was a feat in itself considering both Alec and Jace were over 6ft tall and Izzy was just about that tall.

"And i just, i don't know how to express my feelings yeno?" Alec asked. They had passed funny stories and had fallen right into deep emotional stuff.

"Yeah buddy, we understand." Jace slurred. "Oh oh! I have something to tell you!" At this, Alec and Izzy perked up, but on Alec's attempt to turn around he rolled off the couch and hit the ground with a heavy thud for the second time that night. He wearily pushed himself up, but stayed on the floor.

"I think it's safer i stay down here." Alec says casually, like he wasn't so wasted he couldn't feel his legs. "Anyway, go on."

"I think i'm bi." He said, voice seeming hesitant. "See see, because every time i see Simon i feel like a jello brick."

"Awe is big bad shadowhunter jace in love with his best friends bestie." Alec blinked the second those words left his mouth. "That didn't make sense."

"No it didn't." Izzy giggled. "If we're spilling secrets now, then i should probably tell you there isn't a straight lightwood child anymore."

"Oooohh, mum's gonna hate that." Alec laughed, loud and happy that made Izzy's heart flutter in excitement.

"Let's call someone." Jace said abruptly, scrambling for his phone that was in his jeans that were disgarded 10 minutes before. "I have 15 contacts."

"7." Alec blurted as fast as he could, not realising the mistake made. Jace clicked on the number and then placed it on the coffee table. It rang four times before it was picked up, and the voice of Magnus came through the speaker.

"Jace?"

"Why did you call Magnus." Alec hissed, smacking his brothers chest.

"Ow! You chose 7!" Jace hissed back.

"Uhm, hello?"

"Hey babe." Alec then greeted, a wide smile on his lips. He crossed his arms on the table, leaning his chin on the table. "How was the client?"

"Dreadful as always." Jace and Izzy weren't paying attention, too busy taking pictures of Alec's lovesick expression with Izzy's phone.

"Magnus!" Izzy cried in happiness.

"Hey Magnus!" Jace called at the same time, but his head had started to droop in his drunk haze.

"Are you three drunk?" There was no judgement in his tone, only amusement.

"Pffftt..." Alec scoffed, then fell silent. "I can't remember."

"You can't remember?" Magnus asked in amusement.

"We had lots of tequila, vodka!" Jace confirmed, his body was leant forward so his elbows were balanced pecariously on the edge of the couch. "I think there was more.."

"Meliorn gave me this bottle of seelie.. stuff." Izzy slurred, draping herself across Alec's back. Alec let out an 'oof', suprised by his sisters weight.

"Magnus! I have a panda bear named isabelle!" Alec cried out in happiness, pulling his sisters arms around his neck and holding them tightly. "She's so adorable!"

"I'm not adorable." Izzy murmered, pressing her cheek against his back and totally contradicting her statement. "I'm a badass shadowhunter."

"Honey, you are adorable." Magnus agreed while Jace took more photos of Izzy and Alec. "Listen darling, i'll be back in the morning okay? I have to go."

"Alright." Alec pouted. "Bye bye baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

When Magnus got home the next morning, he was suprised by how tidy the three shadowhunters had kept the apartment. Though he had to keep from aweing too loudly when he saw the three shadowhunters. They had fallen asleep on the couch, Alec had his feet kicked up on the coffee table, Izzy was curled up with her head on Alec's shoulder and Jace had his feet over the armrest of the couch and his head on Alec's lap. It was too cute a sight not to take photos of.

authors note

this ending is rather abrupt, but i couldn't figure out how to end it sorry
edit: feb 2018