69. spn genderswap

summary
in which fem!cas has nightmares from when she was overwhelmed by the purgatory souls

relationships

n/a

cast
camilla cabello as cassiel
jensen ackles as dean
jared padalecki as sam

fandoms

supernatural

Cassiel has lived since the dawn of time, but right now in a human body, she hadn't been entirely sure what living was until she saved Dean Winchester from hell.

They spent the next 6 years doing the impossible. Stopping the Apocalypse and sending Lucifer and Michael into the cage, getting Sam's soul back, sending Lucifer back to the cage again after Cas let him possess her and stopping the darkness once and for all.

So now, the angel has time to address some of the things that has stopped her really living, like her feelings for Dean Winchester. But, trying to come to terms with these is harder than one would think, especially when she is trying to fight PTSD.

Dressed in an oversized red flannel shirt tucked into a pair of high waisted black shorts, courtesy of Charlie, Cas stumbled out of her bedroom in the bunker barefoot towards the kitchen where she could hear the brothers talking.

"Morning sunshine." Dean greeted when he saw the angel enter the room. "Yeesh, what happened to you?" Dean asked, referring to the disgruntled expression and the crazy head of hair on her head.

"I had a nightmare." Cas told them, slumping down onto a stool as Sam sat a plate of toast in front of her. "Thanks."

"What's the nightmare about?" Dean asked.

"I haven't been able to pin point the reason yet." Cas sighed, clearly pissed off by it as she bit into her toast. "I have been able to pick out certain details that have thoroughly disturbed me." Dean raised an eyebrow as the angel dropped her head back down as she finished her toast and orange juice before talking again. "I remember there being a lot of red."

"You mean like hell?" Sam asked but she shook her head.

"It was.. purer I suppose is the correct term." She ran her fingers through her hair, attempting to tame the messy locks but ultimately failing. Sam and Dean exchanged a look, communicating soley on raised eyebrows. Dean sighed, looking back at the angel who finished her toast.

"Cas, what do you remember of your time as 'god'." Dean put inverted commas around god, looking at his best friend intently.

"I don't remember much." Cas furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember. "There was blood, and it was bright..." her eyes widened and she looked positively horrified. "Oh god." She turned away from the table, hands covering her eyes.

"You alright?" Sam asked Cas, who dropped her hands.

"Mmmm." Cas nodded her head and grimaced. "I'm just gonna go." And with that, Cas left the kitchen leaving the two Winchester's to wonder what the hell was going on.

"I'll go find out." Dean sighed when Sam sent him a pointed look, getting up and heading towards Cas' room only to stop when he heard the familiar sound of someone throwing up in the bathroom. When Dean pushed open the door to the bathroom which was unlocked, he wasn't expecting to find the angel bent over the toilet emptying the content of her stomach.

"Oh," Dean felt immediately uncomfortable. "You ok?" Cas let out an unintelligible groan, resting her head on the edge of the toilet.

"What do you think." Dean rolled his eyes, walking over to his best friend and pulling her to her feet.

"Come on." Dean lead the former angel to her bedroom, directing her to sit on the end of the bed and taking her hands in his. "Listen. We've all messed up Cas. What you did when you had all the power of purgatory in you, that was a power trip. You couldn't help what you did."

"But i still did it, Dean." Cas said sadly.

"Yes you did." Dean agreed. "But you thought it was the right thing to do. Maybe you went about it the wrong way, but you did what you did and now all you can do is move past it."

"What happened to the no chick flic moments rule?" Cas laughed, watching her best friends face twist into a grimace.

"I made an exception." Dean shrugged, smiling at Cas. She knew deep down it was out of her control, so she kept smiling, knowing it would be okay again soon.

authors note
been in my drafts so long omg