31. mentality

summary
in which after stiles looses his father he enlists in the army and is recruited into the stargate program

relationships
stiles stilinski x derek hale

characters
dylan o'brien as stiles stilinski
tyler hoechlin as derek hale
holland roden as lydia martin
beau bridges as hank landry

fandoms
stargate franchise
teen wolf

Stiles wasn't really sure how to handle what he was feeling.

Sitting on the sofa inside his family home, his knees pulled up to his chest and a blanket pulled around his body since he was still shaking.

"Stiles." A hand landed on his shoulder, producing a violent flinch from the 18 year old boy. Lydia pulled her hand away from his shoulder, instead moving to sit on the coffee table in front of him. "Tell me what your feeling." Stiles had Lydia do the same thing when her mother died in a car accident, the same one that claimed the life of Lydia's cousin Marcus.

"I- I don't know." Stiles voice felt hoarse and his throat dry, but his head was spinning and his stomach lurched. Lydia held her hand out slower this time, letting Stiles grip onto it in his own time. Lydia pressed a kiss against her best friends forehead, his eyes falling shut and he sighed, trying not to crumple again.

"It's okay to cry, you know Stiles." The first sob fell from his lips, and Lydia wrapped her arms around him comfortingly as Stiles let out his pent up emotion and grief.

"He's gone Lydia." Stiles gasped out, still crying hard. "He's gone."

"I know Stiles." Lydia soothed, the dark and quiet home of Stiles Stilinski unnerving to the banshee. "I'm so sorry."

Stiles stood at the grave wearing his best suit and holding something tight in his grip. Stiles felt Scott standing behind him, holding his mother who was sobbing in grief, Mr Argent next to her holding her hand tightly. Stiles took a deep breath, standing up next to the coffin. He pulled out a sheet of paper, and began to read off it.

"And now we say goodbye to Noah Stilinski. My father was the best damn Sheriff this town has had. He was strong, resilient and he managed to put up with me, his insanely obsessed son. Not a day will go by that I won't forget my father, for he is the only reason I ever made it so far in my life.

"So, as I start this new chapter in my life, I know my dad will be upstairs, drinking a glass of whiskey, cleaning his gun and smiling happily at me. His dream was to see me go into the navy, or to become a forensic scientist, or whatever my dream of that week was. My dad always wanted me to follow my dreams, so that is what I will do.

"My Dad is finally at peace, standing in heaven holding hands with my mother and smiling. And I know I will see them again." Stiles folded up the piece of paper and inhaled deeply, pressing the folded up piece of paper and Stilinski's Sheriff's badge on the top of the coffin.