40. demonic burns

summary
in which alec's hands and arms are burnt severely by ichor during a hunt

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

cast
dominic sherwood as jace wayland
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane

fandoms
shadowhunters

If there was anything Alec hated, it was ichor burns. No known runes or magic could heal them very well, so they had to heal over the course of several days. Especially if they were severe.

Which is why Alec is sitting in an infirmary bed, glaring at his hands in anger. He was dying of boredom, and he couldn't pick up his book which sat beside him. His hands were heavily bandaged, and said bandages were wrapped all the way up to his upper bicep. Not to mention, the bandages wrapped around his left leg, from mid calf to upper thigh where the ichor had splashed across and gotten under his gear. So here he was, arms and leg burning in pain from the ichor burns and unable to even pick up his phone to call Magnus who was probably beside himself wondering where Alec was. Snapping him from his thoughts was none other than his phone, which he awkwardly picked up and rested carefully on his wrists flatly, using his nose to hit the accept button. He put the phone on speaker, then dropped it again so it was resting on the bed but he could hear Magnus' voice coming through the speaker.

"Alexander."

"Hey Magnus." Alec smiled even though the warlock couldn't see him. Stupidly, Alec had attempted to pick up the glass of water Izzy had left at the side of his bed, but it slipped from his grasp which wasn't all that strong and smashed. "Shit!"

"What's wrong Alexander?" Magnus immediately asked in concern.

"It's nothing." Alec deflected, not wanting to worry Magnus. "I've got some paper work to do, so i might not make it home tonight."

"Alexander." Alec groaned, knowing the shattering glass obviously wasn't helping.

"Fine. I got some severe ichor burns on the last patrol."

"How bad?" The concern was almost touching, and on any other occasion Alec would have blushed but right now he was in too much pain already.

"Both hands, and most of both arms and a bit of my left leg." He mumbled, but Magnus clearly heard him considering the sigh that he could hear.

"I'll be over soon." Magnus hung up before Alec could protest, and the raven haired boy threw his head back in annoyance as Jace re-entered the infirmary with food - a simple ham sandwich cut into smaller pieces so he could actually eat them.

"What's up with you?" Jace asked. "Yeno, apart from the obvious." He then adds, motioning to Alec's arms.

"Magnus is on his way over." Immediately Jace grimaces, knowing Alec didn't want to worry his boyfriend any more than he already did. Jace sits the plate down beside Alec's leg, and lets out a chuckle when he see's the broken glass on the floor beside the bed.

"Alec, what made it sane in your mind to pick up a glass in your current predicament?" Jace asked his parabatai, raising an eyebrow. Alec actually shrugged his shoulders, grinning sheepishly.

"I was thirsty?" Its more of a question than a statement, but it brings a laugh from Jace anyway. They sit around talking for a while, eventually Alec begins to doze off but can't find a comfortable position due to the burns.

"Move over." Jace commands, gently nudging Alec's shoulder. The raven haired boy does as he's told, making space for Jace to sit next to him and immediately uses his parabatai as a pillow, and sighs in relief as the pressure is taken off his arms slightly.

When Magnus arrived at the insitute, he was ready to scold Alec for not telling him about the burns, but decided against it when he saw Alec asleep against his parabatai in the infirmary.

authors note

another abrupt and shitty ending but if i didn't this would lay in my drafts for who knows how long