22. new town, new life

summary
in which alec lightwood moved to beacon hills after the war

relationships
derek hale x alec lightwood

cast
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
marcel ruiz as rafael lightwood-bane
dylan o'brien as stiles stilinski
tyler hoechlin as derek hale

fandoms
shadowhunters
teen wolf

(alright! so a lot of the stuff that happened in the show does happen. time skip to the end of the war magnus is killed protecting alec and their son rafael whom they named after raphael santiago who was killed in the days before magnus. The year it starts is 1999. alec is overwhelmed and runs away, finding refuge with his old friends in beacon hills.)

(alec is 19 at the end of the war okay? He is 29 after the timeskip and he and derek are involved. Derek is 24 at the beginning of teen wolf so it is all totally legal ( remember alec is gay XD ) timeskips are weird kay? ) any questions just comment below dudes )

Inside the New York Institute, Jace Herondale knocked on the door to his Parabatai's room, waiting. He frowned when Alec didn't answer, knocking again.

"Alec?" Jace called, but when he received no answer he opened the door. His eyes scanned the all too familiar bedroom for Alec, only to find the bed and the cot empty. There was a sheet of paper lying in the middle of the perfectly made bed, and Jace noticed the bag that sat at the bottom of his bed missing.

"Jace,

I'm sorry, but by the time you find this, I will be long gone.

Since the death of Magnus, I have felt like I failed myself. So, as you read this Rafael and I will be finding somewhere else, we will be starting over.

I know you'll immediately want to come and find me. Don't. When I'm ready I'll reach out once more, but until then please let me go, Jace. You will know I'm okay, I'll be able to move on Jace.

Please respect my wishes. Give my love to Izzy and Clary.

Alexander Gideon Lightwood-Bane."

Alec stepped across the town line of Beacon Hills. Rafael was held against his left shoulder, sleeping soundly and his duffle bag was in his other hand. He walked through the quaint little town until he found the police station. The sun had risen merely a few hours ago, but the precinct was buzzing with life. Alec stepped up to the front desk, adjusting his 3-year-old son in his arm.

"Excuse me?" The woman looked up at Alec kindly. "I'm looking for Deputy Hale? He's supposed to be expecting me?"

"Alexander Lightwood yes?" She asked him, staring at him and he shifted uncomfortably.