33. life crisis

summary
in which kol's twins sisters has a major life crisis after the death of her twin brother, then completely looses it

relationships
n/a

cast
melissa benoist as kara mikaelson
nathaniel buzolic as kol mikaelson

fandom
the originals

There was a lot of things Kara Mikaelson had felt in her long immortal life, but when she watched Jeremy Gilbert drive a White-Oak stake through her twins heart and he burned as she remained tied up with cursed cuffs and stuck, she was unable to describe how excruciating the pain she felt in that moment.

Elena Gilbert had to cover her ears as Kara screamed, probably so loud everyone with supernatural hearing could hear her in Mystic Falls. She screamed her throat raw, her skin bleeding from where it was ripped raw by the chains as she was forced to watch her now dead twin burn in the Gilbert family kitchen. And yet she still screamed.

Still chained up in the Gilbert residence, Kara was reduced to a hysterical sobbing mess. She couldn't breathe, unable to feel anything past the indescribable pain she felt in her heart, in her mind. For some reason, even with everything that was going on in the living room, Klaus' threats and yells at the Gilbert siblings, she was being forced to live her worst memories of her brother.

FLASHBACK...

Kol released the body of whom used to be Kara's best friend, dropping her lifeless body to the ground without an ounce of regret. Kara dropped beside Jessie, crying out in disbelief at Kol.

"What the hell Kol?" Kara yelled angrily, getting up and glaring daggers at her twin who merely grinned mischievously.

"She wasn't good enough."

END OF FLASHBACK...

Kara felt two arms wrap around her waist and she felt herself being moved into someones lap bridal style, no longer restrained by the cursed chains. Kara was still crying, her sobs still hysterical as she clutched onto the body of her older brother Nik. He leant back against the couch, and even though he was furious that Bonnie had trapped him in a living room with his dead brothers corpse meters away, he pushed it aside to comfort his shattered sister who was bleeding and screaming in agony, as though she had been stabbed and burned herself.

"Shhh." Nik soothed, resting his forehead against hers comfortingly as her body was racked with sobs she couldn't control. When her arms wound tighter around his neck he merely pulled her closer to him. He was prepared to sit with her in silence until she was calmer, no matter how long it took.

When Matt and Caroline came in search of the sword two days later, they had to abide to several of Klaus' demands before he would even think about helping them, and 20 minutes later the two blondes were sitting in front of the hybrid and his mourning sister, the two of them wrapped up in a blanket he made Matt fetch from his Mansion. Kol and Rebekah had made the blanket with magic when they were children, gifting it to Kara and Nik, both of whom loved it deeply. While Klaus helped Matt and Caroline with their problem, Kara sat curled into Nik, her arms still wrapped around his neck and her forehead against his cheek staring into nothing. Even though the girl had stopped crying and even though Matt had covered up her brothers body, her pain was still unimaginable. Every breath hurt so deeply, like her soul had been ripped in half and one side had been torn to shreds while the other had to learn how to function again.