23. the fallen angel and the human hunter

summary
in which castiel looses his wings

relationships
castiel x dean winchester

characters
jensen ackles as dean winchester
jared padalecki as sam winchester
misha collins as castiel

fandoms
supernatural

*based upon the above fanart. it is not mine*

Castiel and Dean had been together for years, and so this meant Dean was so in love with the angel he would do anything for him. The first time Dean saw Cas cry was when he fell from heaven. Not the first time, because they were too busy trying to stop the apocalypse but the second him, when heaven cast him out and shut the gates for good.

When Cas finally made his way back to the Bunker where Sam and Dean had been worrying, trying to call Cas but getting only voicemail. Dean was pulling his hair and pacing back and forth, stressing out. Dean and Sam both looked up at the doors when they heard them opening, hoping it was Castiel and there thoughts were confirmed when Cas stepped through the door looking much worse than either of them would have thought.

"Where the hell have you been?" The sharpness and anger was evident to the former angel, but he could hear the worry and hurt in his tone as well.

"I um, I had to walk." Cas furrowed his eyebrows, like he was trying to remember something. "I was falling, and then I was alone." Dean stepped towards Cas, placing a hand on the angels shoulder only to recoil it when Cas flinched so violently.

"What's going on man?" Sam then asked, now standing up.

"I, i um, I have to go." And like that, Cas turned on his heel and headed out of the main room in the bunker, probably towards his own room. Dean blinked, worried and also slightly hurt towards his boyfriend.

"What was that?" Dean finally asked, looking back at his brother. Sam shrugged. "I'm going to find out, wait here." Dean didn't wait for Sam's reply and practically ran after Cas.

"Cas?" Dean knocked on the former angels bedroom door. Dean was about to leave when he heard sniffles before the door opened. Cas had bloodshot red eyes and looked like he was trying to hold back tears and Dean didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around Cas and hold him tightly.

"What happened Cas?" Dean asked quietly once he'd closed the door to Cas's room.

"The angels closed the gates." Cas whispered, his arms around Dean's torso and his head on his shoulder. "They gave me a choice, and I couldn't, I wouldn't loose you." Dean didn't respond, merely tightened his hold on Cas as he let out a quiet sob. "I lost my wings Dean."

"Don't worry angel." Dean soothed, pressing his lips against Cas's head comfortingly. "I'll be your wings."

authors note

This one is short but I have a migraine and had inspiration to write. Which suckkkss cause all I wanna do is fucking sleep.

I actually had to call in sick to work that's how bad this is guys it's awful. Anyway, this was inspired by the photo at the top, hope you liked it more will probs follow bc I love Destiel dudes ❤️😍😍

Laterrrr