76. a day in the life of darcy lewis

summary
darcy lewis works for pepper potts, her life is a little crazy

relationships
darcy lewis x bucky barnes(hinted)
pepper potts x tony stark

cast
kat dennings as darcy lewis
chris evans as steve rogers
robert downey jr as tony stark
pepper potts
sam wilson
jane foster(mentioned)
bruce banner
bucky barnes

fandom
the avengers
iron man

Darcy Lewis groaned loudly as she dropped her keys outside the elevator door in her apartment building. Ever since she had become an intern for Jane Foster her life never seemed to stand still. It started after she tased Thor, the Norse god of Thunder, in Mexico and then in London when she helped fight The Dark Elves. After the fiasco in London, Jane and Darcy had been trying to scrape together money for a flight back to New York when Tony Stark had contacted them, offering Jane and her intern a place to stay as well as paid flights if they leave in the next 3 hours. The women had agreed, having nowhere else to go and within 2 days they were in New York getting settled into their new apartment in Stark Tower. At first Darcy was nothing more than Jane's intern, but after Darcy began doing extra odd jobs around Stark Industries and bossing around the Science Bro's (Jane, Tony and Bruce) on the Science floor in the tower, Pepper took notice and offered Darcy a full-time job as Head of Human Resources for SI when their previous head retired. Darcy had readily accepted, and soon became a well known female in the industry for getting her job done. She was known for her excellent ways of getting what she wanted, not to mention her closeness with Thor Odinson and Steve Rogers, who stayed in the Tower whenever they were in town. She formed a relationship with Natasha after an incident in New York – she got kidnapped for her personal relations with Thor and after Natasha offered her self defence lessons, the two girls became close. Much to the horror of Tony and Clint, who were terrified of both girls.

"Hey Tones, stop avoiding your responsibilities and get your arse to this board meeting, now." Darcy rolled her eyes, kicking her Tardis high top converse clad feet up onto the glass table she sat at the head of, ignoring the dirty looks she was getting from the Board members. As Pepper was unable to attend the meeting Darcy was currently holding, she had decided to get back at Tony by making him attend the board meeting about the technology he was creating. But the man was ignoring her, again. Instead, she just rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mr Taylor. You were saying?" Darcy asked, her vision flicking between the file she held and the man talking she rolled her eyes, snapping the file closed and placing it on the table with a sigh. "Right, you were being scolded by me. I'm telling you, neither Mr Stark nor Miss Potts will go for this because it's simply preposterous." Mr Taylor opened his mouth to talk, but Darcy simply cut him off. "The Legionnaires belong to The Avengers, and while yes they are effective in situations we cannot give police departments them. Could you imagine the riots? I'm sorry, but i will not allow that to happen."

"What can you possibly do?" He challenged, missing the wincing the rest of the business men had after he said that. Darcy didn't rise to the challenge, in fact, she only seemed to relax more, crossing her conversed feet over as she smiled.

"I can destroy you, and your company." Mr Taylor blinked, eyes widening. "You see, i've done my fair share of research on each of you're companies and i've found a lot of corruption built deep within each of them. So please, try for a law suit, I dare you." Mr Taylor said nothing, simply taking his seat once more. Darcy clapped, throwing her feet off the table and standing up. "Awesome, now can we go? I was promised lunch by Steve." The other business men nodded and Darcy smiled, waving as she exited the room, happily skipping to the elevator. As soon as the door was closed though, she dropped to the floor with a groan.