135. immortal shadowhunters - sh, h

summary
warlocks and vampires aren't the only immortal beings in the world, nor the most dangerous

romantic relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

platonic relationships
jace & alec
izzy & alec

cast
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood

fandoms
highlanders
shadowhunters

Alec Lightwood died for the first time when he was eighteen. He'd been stabbed through the heart by a Ravenor demon, and had bled out on the cold concrete in a dark alley in Queens. Unaware of the death, his Parabatai and Sister were dancing the night away in a nightclub in Brooklyn, which was a mystery to Alec and Jace even to this day. When he'd woken up, rolling to his knee's with frantic breaths and a terrified scream that ripped into a sob, Alec called Jace with the panic gripping at his chest, and his brother and sister wasted no time running across to Alec, where they found him.

"Alec!" Izzy fell to her knee's on his left, gripping his arm frantically. When Alec had called and said he'd been stabbed, that he was so sure he'd died, they'd wasted no time. But it was a hard feat to believe and the siblings tried their best to forget, but always wairy of how Alec wasn't aging anymore, how he healed much faster than anyone they knew and none of them knew why. And none of them had noticed the beautiful redhaired woman named Mackenzie Brightman watching from a distance, keeping a watchful eye on the new Immortal.

The second time he was twenty-one. It happened in front of his sister, his throat was ripped out by a werewolf. After she'd killed the feral, she'd collapsed over his body sobbing, unaware of the passage of time - of the wound healing - until Alec sucked in a sharp breath and shoved his way upright, knocking Izzy over who was too shocked to think. Alec and Izzy had exchanged concerned and scared looks. He'd died three more times over that year, and made silent inquiries to what Alec was until they finally found out from Alec's Watcher Mackenzie, who had been given permission to inform the Shadowhunter, and Alec had taken in the information in stride. Izzy had begun training him further in the art of swordsmanship, and he travelled all over the world to get training from the best of the best, mundanes and shadowhunters and warlocks and vampires and wolves and seelies alike, getting himself an authentic mundane long sword, with a black leather hilt with red lace lined gold at the top and bottom of the black leather. The sword itself was around 22" long, the steel tempered and black, with a few strengthening runes to stop it from breaking easily, but nothing more than that. He'd soon taken up the mentality that every old immortal of the game he managed to meet who didn't want bloodshed had said to him.

"I am an Immortal of the Game and i am Alec Lightwood, in that order."

The first time he took a head he was twenty-two. The man had been old, born in the 15th Century, but had been too cocky and tried to take on a Shadowhunter, apparently the first Shadowhunter Immortal in nearly ten centuries. Alec took his head without hesitating, without thinking, and the quickening was unlike anything he'd ever experienced.

He took three more that same year, although he swore he'd never hunt immortals, because it wasn't a feeling he enjoyed. The quickening gave him touches of other personalities, so Alec always ended up irritable or all over the place for nearly a week after.

He met Magnus Bane when he was twenty-four. At first, Magnus had no idea of the Shadowhunters Immortality, and he clearly knew nothing of the game. They fought side-by-side through the war, until they came out victorious and yet Alec still hadn't told Magnus of his Immortality, of how during the war he died four times and took two heads of Immortal wolves fighting for Valentine, still didn't know how quite yet. It was harder, since anyone who knew of the Shadow world had the ability to see through glamours and identify shadow world occupants - but with Immortals they looked exactly like any other human or Downworlder or shadowhunter.