3. here to help

summary
in which the winchesters find out that an angel by the name of annemarie took the vessel of a girl they knew growing up

romantic relationships
castiel x annemarie ( implied )

platonic relationships
n / a

cast
candice king as annemarie
misha collins as castiel
jensen ackles as dean winchester
jared padalecki as sam winchester

fandom
supernatural

"Annemarie?" The all too familiar voice of Castiel echoed through her head. Annemarie smiled, closing her eyes.

"Yes, Castiel?"

"I need your help. Well, it's complicated. Could you come to Lebanon Kansas, please?"

"I'll be there in the morning." Annemarie could almost hear his sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Marie."

The next day Annemarie found herself in a diner on the outskirts of Lebanon, Kansas. She had agreed to meet Castiel there, seeing as she couldn't track the angel past the wards in the bunker. She had grown concerned after she heard Benjamin - an angel she served with in heaven - calling out for help.

She sat awkwardly in one of the booths waiting for Castiel, only occasionally sipping her lemonade. The bell rang through the diner, and the familiar dark haired angel stepped into the diner, a frustrated look on his face as two taller men stepped in behind him. Annemarie's eyes widened, and she muttered an 'oh shit' under her breath as Castiel spotted her. Cas approached the booth and sat down in front of Annemarie. Castiel had managed to convince Sam and Dean to sit somewhere else to wait for him, though he was extremely frustrated with the two Winchesters at the moment.

"Marie." Cas nodded, smiling gently at Marie who smiled kindly.

"Did you hear Benjamin?" Marie asked softly. Cas nodded his head. He'd heard the chanting this morning, and that was why the two Winchesters had accompanied Castiel to wherever it was they were going.

"That wasn't really why I called you, Marie." Cas spoke softly. Marie smiled, of course she knew this. "I remember you were an excellent tracker in the Garrison."

"Yeah, one of the best actually." Marie mused.

"I'm trying to hunt down the Nephilim, more specifically the woman who is carrying Lucifer's child. Can you help me, please?" Marie smiled, reaching across the table and gripping Castiel's hand in hers with a smile.

"It would be my pleasure, Cas." Cas smiled, though it was cut off as the two Winchesters approached the table. Marie watched in amusement as Cas closed his eyes, rolling his eyes in frustration.

"Sarah." Marie looked confused, then realised Sarah must have been the name her vessel gave them when she met them.

"Not Sarah." Marie said awkwardly, shuffling closer to the wall as Sam sat into the booth with her, Dean doing the same on the other side. "My name is Annemarie. I'm a friend of Castiel's."

"She was with me when I was human," Castiel explained. "She made sure I wasn't in any danger."

"Well isn't that nice." Dean drawled.

"Yeah, and unlike you she appreciates things people do for her." Cas snarked back at Dean, who looks severely ticked off. Marie stared at Castiel before it clicked.

"You killed Billie didn't you?" Marie asked angrily, watching Castiel wince.

"I had my reasons, Annemarie." Cas says sharply, staring at the angel with a hard look. "You'd have done the same to protect me or Reagan."

"Well Reagan's dead now isn't she." Annemarie looked out the window with a pained look, and immediately Cas felt guilty.

"Who's Reagan?" Dean asked, directing his gaze to the female angel who merely flinched.

"She was Annemarie's wife. They met in 2006 and got married a year later, adopted a child named Kristopher and were happy up until I lost my grace when Metatron killed them in pure spite." Cas said bitterly. Reagan had been in his Garrison as well as Marie, and he was furious to find out he'd killed his best friends wife and child.

"Look this is all really sad, and I'm sorry about your wife and child." Sam interrupted. "But didn't you want to get to Benjamin?" Cas sighed and nods his head.

"Marie." Marie looked back at Castiel. "Isham would be glad to see you." Marie cracked a smile, nodding her head.

"I'll come, as long as it's alright with Dean." Marie stated. "You look like you are going to stab me for my vessel."

"Why Sarah?" Dean finally asked.

"Her name was actually Chloe Westerson and because she was dying. She let me use her body and she went to heaven with her brother Matthew." Dean nodded his head, satisfied with the answer got up.

"Alright, let's hit the road."