6. alpha and beta

summary
in which scott grows up feeling his soulmate being abused and is distraught knowing he can't do anything about it until they meet one day at school

romantic relationships
scott mccall x isaac lahey

platonic relationships
n / a

cast
tyler posey as scott mccall
daniel sharman as isaac lahey

fandom
teen wolf

Scott McCall spent the first twelve years of his life knowing his soulmate was happy. He never seemed sad or angry, and Scott felt bad sometimes when he felt terrible when he got hurt, or felt an overwhelming amount of sadness. But when Scott was thirteen, he felt his soulmates fear, his pain. It started out small, once every few weeks so Scott didn't think much of it, until it became more frequent. Sometimes it became so bad he couldn't breathe, his asthma got worse, because his soulmate was terrified all the time. He was able to hide it from his mother until he was fifteen, when whoever was hurting his soulmate broke his ribs.

He had keeled over in the middle of a conversation, an agonised scream escaping his lips as he wrapped his arm around his torso.

"Scott, what's wrong?" Melissa asked frantically, clutching onto her son who was almost crying.

"My soulmate." Was all he said before Melissa understood.

"Is he being hurt?" Scott began crying, and his mother clutched him closer, holding her pained son closer, whispering soothing words to him. They never spoke of it much after that, but after Scott was bitten and turned, he became less interested in finding his soulmate because he wanted to protect him. But, six months after he was bitten his soulmate received the bite, and everything changed.

At seventeen, Scott had almost given up completely at the prospect of ever finding his soulmate, but when he quite literally ran into him in the hall, knocking all his books to the ground.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." Scott spluttered, crouching down to help Isaac pick up his books. But Isaac stayed frozen, his eyes widened in shock. "I didn't mean to do tha- I wasn't looking- sorry." Scott flushed red, and his soul mark burned.

"It's alright, Scott," Isaac said gently, smiling kindly. "I wasn't looking either." Scott looked up at the boy now, his eyes wide. He felt his eyes flash the now alpha red he'd risen to in the previous days. Isaac felt his flash the beta gold they usually did, eyes wide in shock.

"It's you." He breathed, then wrapped his arms tightly around Isaac out of impulse. Isaac, shocked, stayed frozen as Scott hugged him. Scott pulled away, realising in his haste he'd scared the crap out of his soulmate.

"Isaac?" Scott asked quietly, noticing how he wasn't making eye contact with Scott.

"Yeah?" He asked quietly, finally looking at Scott with an uneasy smile.

"I am never going to hurt you."

And Scott kept his promise that day. Isaac moved in with Scott and his mother, and his father was arrested for child abuse and neglect, sentenced to thirty years.