119. ptsd - ncis

summary
in the wake of paticularly bad case, tony exhibits signs of ptsd and gibbs realises what has to be done

relationships
none

cast
michael weatherly as senior special agent anthony dinozzo
mark harmon as special agent in charge leroy jethro gibbs
richard dean anderson as major general jack o'neill
amanda tapping as colonel sam carter
michael shanks as doctor daniel jackson
joe flanigan as lt colonel john sheppard
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay

fandoms
stargate series
ncis

During Tony's stint as Agent Afloat, officially he was stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan and the USS Seahawk in the north Atlantic Ocean when in fact he was actually stationed on the Lost City of Atlantis, a sentient City created by a race known to have build the Stargate - the Alterrans as Atlantis would call their ancestors, her former occupants and creators - in the Pegasus Galaxy. He did a 9-month tour, and reluctantly returned to earth when Director Vance wanted to return DiNozzo to Washington for reasons Tony didn't know. So, Tony packed up his things, said goodbye to the marines and the scientists he'd gained the respect of and returned to earth with a heavy heart and an emptiness in his mind where the music of Atlantis usually sang beautifully in his mind. Of course his time on Atlantis hadn't been all fun and games and after a particularly rough case Tony began to exhibit signs of PTSD and nobody knew why.

They'd been at the office for two days trying to find the kidnapped child of Marine Major John Argent and had been sleeping at the office the first time Tony had a flashback. He wasn't sure what triggered it, but he'd been arguing with Ziva when he suddenly found himself staring Kolya in the face and attacking Ziva.

"Your death will cause the colonel pain..."

"Tony!..."

"You son of a bitch...!"

"It's over, Agent DiNozzo."

"It will never be over."

"Tony! We came to rescue you!"

"About damn time, McKay!"

"...tony!"

"Tony!"

"TONY!" He snapped out of it, and his voice was hoarse from screaming apparently and there were two strong arms wrapped around his waist and Ziva was rubbing her neck and actually looking afraid of him, ducked behind McGee.

"Oh god." Tony yanked himself out of Gibbs' grip with wide eyes. "Ziva, i-i'm so sorry."