125. the lawyer and the police lieutenant - suits

summary
harvey's wife is killed in the line of duty

relationship
harvey specter x elizabeth specter

cast
gabriel macht as harvey specter
gina torres as jessica pearson
patrick j adams as mike ross
sarah rafferty as donna paulson
rick hoffman as louis litt
meghan markle as rachel zane
emeraude toubia as lieutenant elizabeth specter
matthew gray gubler as lieutenant kenzie knox
andy samberg as detective jake peralta
chelsea peretti as gina linetti
melissa fumero as detective amy santiago
stephanie beatriz as detective rosa diaz
jensen ackles as detective zach reeves

fandoms
suits
brooklyn nine-nine

"Harvey, Jessica wants to see you." Donna said over the speaker, interrupting Harvey and Mike's discussion.

"Did she say what for?" Harvey asked. "I'm kinda in the middle of something here."

"Just that it was urgent and to drag you to her office if i had to."

"I'm going." Harvey hung up on her, and pointed at Mike. "We'll pick this up later." He left, ignoring Mike calling after him. He slowed down however, upon seeing the two police officers he recognised - the one that worked with his wife and was a Lieutenant and the other who also worked with her and was also her nephew and one of her Detectives. He pushed open the glass door, and the two detectives stood up.

"Harvey." Mackenzie Knox-Peralta smiled weakly, looking a little shaky. He greeted him with a handshake and a small hug, which ultimately confused Harvey because the young man was not a toucher.

"Hey Uncle Harvey." Jake Knox-Peralta greeted as well, shaking his hand.

"What's going on?" Harvey asked, now a little bit confused. "Where's Elizabeth?"

"I'm so sorry Harvey."

"Three hours ago NYPD Lieutenant Elizabeth Specter was shot in the line of duty, saving the life of two fellow officers and a child." Harvey couldn't breathe, just stared at Kenzie who was openly crying as he told him that - he'd never been afraid to express his feelings, now that he was married to Jake - and Jake looked like he wanted to cry as well and was barely holding it together. Jessica was even shedding a few tears, and Harvey blindly reached out for the couch as his legs felt weak then give out. And god, he wanted them to tell him it was a prank, except he knew it wasn't and reality was crashing down.

Harvey remembered the first case he worked on where Elizabeth was the primary. She was beautiful, long brown hair and brown eyes. She always dressed like some kind of warrior, carried many knives on her and was the most badass woman he'd ever met. He met Jake and Gina on their third date, the teenage boy and his best friend unintentionally interrupting their date when calling to ask if his aunt would pick him up after a street mugging gone wrong, and he needed assistance. Despite all the evidence that had been stacked in favour of Jake being guilty, had gotten Jake off scott free after finding the evidence he needed to prove him innocent. That's how Jake knew Harvey was the one for his Aunt, because he didn't hesitate to defend a 16-year-old boy even when all the evidence pointed to him doing it. Harvey asked Elizabeth to marry him 6 days after she became a Sergeant and transferred to the Nine-Nine. They got married in a small church with Harvey's parents there and Elizabeth's sister and husband and Jake and Gina. Harvey and Elizabeth were proud when Jake went into the academy after college, and cut a few years later when Elizabeth passed the Lieutenants exam the same time Terry Jeffords came to work at the nine-nine as a Sergeant and took her place as the Detective's Sergeant, and Jake became a detective third-grade and met his partners, Charles Boyle, Amy Santiago and Rosa Diaz who he knew from the Academy. Then Elizabeth got pregnant, and Harvey had never been so happy in his life. They had a beautiful daughter, Melina Specter, and life had never been so good. They were there when Jake and Kenzie got married as well.