13. welcome to the shadow world

summary
in which balthazar night is the only of his kind

romantic relationships
alec lightwood x magnus bane
raphael santiago x balthazar night

platonic relationships
n / a

cast
jensen ackles and misha collins as balthazar night
harry shum jr as magnus bane
david castro as raphael santiago

fandoms

shadowhunters

There is three ways you can be involved in the shadow world.

1: you can be bitten - turned into a werewolf or a vampire.

2: you can be born into it - shadowhunters, seelies, warlocks and demons

3: you could just be a very lucky mundane who happens to have the sight.

But Balthazar Night was born half shadowhunter, half-demon and turned a werewolf at the age of four. But he ended up stuck in his wolf form, with nobody to teach him to control he was lost, stuck in his wolf form until he stumbled across an immortal warlock two hundred years later who takes an interest in the werewolf, soon reverting him back to his human state. Balthazar whimpered, blood dripping from a wound in his side, matting his fur together as he finally collapsed onto the ground outside an apartment block, drifting unconscious.

Magnus Bane had been out at one of his infamous parties with the fledgling vampire Raphael Santiago he took in.

"I don't understand why you put me in fancy suits and make me go to parties that I'm going to hate." Raphael ranted to the highly amused warlock.

"Because Raf, if you don't get out of the house..." Magnus trailed off, noticing the pained look Raphael had on his face. "What is it?"

"Blood." Raphael lead Magnus to the source and they both stared in shock. A large bloodstained wolf lay almost unconscious on Magnus's doorstep. Magnus rushed forward, running a now glowing hand over the wolf. Said wolf whimpered in pain as Magnus healed the wound, and though the wolf was still very weak, Balthazar was able to lift his head and lick the side of Magnus's face in a way of thanks, his greenish eyes flashing before he falls unconscious. Magnus turned to Raphael, wide-eyed.

"Help me bring him inside." Raphael picked up the werewolf, his nose wrinkling in distaste though quietly following Magnus into their shared apartment.