127. fast cars - cm, ff

summary
spencer goes undercover in the miami street scene, brings down his ex-boyfriend, introduces his girlfriend and gets engaged

relationships
spencer reid x talia o'neill
dominic toretto x letty oritz
mia toretto x brian o'conner

cast
margot robbie as special agent talia o'neill
matthew gray gubler as special agent spencer reid
vin diesel as dominic toretto
michelle rodriguez as letty oritz
paul walker as brian o'conner
jordana brewster as doctor mia toretto
shemar moore as supervisory special agent derek morgan
thomas gibson as special agent in charge aaron hotchner
kirsten vangsness as technical analyst penelope garcia

fandoms
criminal minds
fast and furious

This case involved a man who partook in the Miami street scene, who'd been murdered for reason's they'd yet to figure out and for some reason Spencer was taking the death particularly hard. The team were sitting in a conference room deciding who should go.

"Morgan, you and Rossi should go." Hotch decided, and the two men nodded.

"Not to be rude or anything, but have either of you ever been to one of these events?" Spencer spoke up, surprising everyone. He'd been oddly silent even though he'd asked them to work this case. "Or driven a ten-second car? Worn leather pants or smashed in 6 cars windows with a baseball bat and your little sister because they beat up your big brother?"

"And you have?" Morgan asked with a raised eyebrow. "Wait, you smashed 6 cars with a baseball bat?"

"I moved to LA for Uni, stayed with my brother. My family are street racers, or they were 10 years ago. I grew up driving." Spencer then shrugs. "Yeah. Pissed off a couple of gamblers from a rival gang when i was 15 and they kicked the shit into my older brother for it. So my sister and i tracked down their cars and we smashed the windows in."

"Reid, are you sure?" Hotch asked Spencer, changing the subject before his subordinate could confess to any more felonies. "You've been a bit off since we took this case." Spencer nodded.

"Of course i am. But i'm gonna need a car and a change of clothes." Spencer listed. "I also think it will be better if i take JJ and Emily instead of Rossi and Morgan."

"Why?"

"They look like feds." Spencer said as if it was obvious. "They both stand out in a crowd no matter how you dress them. But dress JJ and Emily right, nobody will think they're feds." He explained easily.

"As long as they're okay with it."

"I'm in." Emily agreed.