116. the doctors daughter - dw

summary
she's just a baby, and has only been alive six days, and yet he loves her so much

relationships
amy pond x rory williams

cast
matt smith as the doctor
karen gillan as amy pond
arthur darville as rory williams
your imagination as mercy

fandom
doctor who

(this is au version of the eleventh hour, plot still happens, but events work out differently bc of mercy)

The TARDIS was exploding all around them, and he was running around desperately trying to land her safely, but his attempts were clearly futile and there was an alarm ringing around them. And the crying.

"Shhh." The Doctor was trying desperately to calm her down, to stop her crying. "Hey, it's okay it's okay I promise." She was secured in an odd fabric wrap that the Doctor wasn't even sure how he'd managed to wrap around them, and she had a gold band on her chubby wrist that held her name - Mercy. Then the TARDIS crashed, and the Doctor threw them to the ground, protecting Mercy. The room began filling up with smoke, and he scrambled to his feet, rushing both him and the crying baby out and slamming the door behind him, leaning heavily against it while still trying to soothe her. He was barely hours into his eleventh life cycle, his last, and knew his daughter was going to grow up in an environment that wasn't right for a child, but gods was he going to keep her safe for as long as possible.

"Who the hell are you?" The Doctor froze, and Mercy started crying again.

"Oh great you woke her up." He whined, turning to face the female voice. The woman had long red hair that was pulled back into a bun, and she was dressed like a police officer. "I'm looking for Amelia. Little scottish girl. I said i'd be five minutes but i must be a little late." He sounded a little regretful.

"Amelia Pond hasn't lived here in a while."

"How long?"

"Six months." The Doctor's face fell, because he'd fucked up again.

"I promised five minutes." He slid to the grass with his back against the TARDIS, one of his fingers being held in Mercy's small hand. She was staring up at him with golden irises, a common feature among Galifrayian children. The Doctor eyed the garden, and suddenly there was barking coming from the house.

The Doctor had been running all over town saving the world again, but also trying to keep his baby girl happy. He stood in the control room, admiring his new-look while cradling Mercy in his arms, her little fingers playing with his. The way time lord biology worked, Mercy would grow up in the time vortex and look three years old within a year on Earth. He knew Amy was somewhere, looking for her room, and the Doctor smiled lightly.

"I promise to protect you with everything i have." He whispered. "Nobody could ever stop me, no matter how big or how small. You are my baby girl, and nothing will stop me from loving you."

When Mercy was three the world ended, and Amy found herself with a three-year-old girl who was a flower girl at her wedding. The extremely smart child kept reminding Amy about the blue box, about the angels and the lizard people and about her, and Amy couldn't remember.

And then she did, and she picked up Mercy and climbed over the table at her wedding reception after making a big speech about the Doctor and his daughter, and he stuck his head out the blue box with a grin.

"Daddy!" Mercy ran across the floor, barrelling into the Doctor's arms with excitement that was easily radiating off the Doctor as well.

"My Mercy!" He picked her up, spinning them both around while hugging her tightly. "My baby girl. Look at you! Did you put her in this, Amy?" Mercy was wearing a deep blue dress that had bowties printed on it.

"She picked it out."

"Amazing choice." The Doctor beamed. "Hello everyone!" The Doctor announced, looking around at the people. "I'm the Doctor, Amy's imaginary friend and this is my daughter, my Mercy." She giggled, waving at everyone as the Doctor turned back to Amy. "Let me move the TARDIS, I only came for the dancing." The Doctor winked at Amy and Rory, smiling brightly. Yep, these were his best friends.

authors note
i'm ending this here bc why not