78. magical depletion

summary
in which magnus uses up to much magic

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

cast
dominic sherwood as jace herondale
harry shum jr as magnus bane

fandoms
shadowhunters

Magnus barely made it through his front door before collapsing on the floor, his body aching and head spinning.

He'd been overwhelmed with the amount of clients he'd had that day, first starting with a summoning of a demon. He wasn't given much time to recover after that because he was called in by Luke to help heal a werewolf child who'd been poisoned by a demon. He'd willingly helped even though he knew they couldn't pay him much. He then had another summoning in a warehouse not far from his apartment, which thoroughly drained him which brings him to now, having managed to prop his body against the wall beside the door but not able to do much more than that. He was completely drained of magic and energy.

Jace was still in Magnus' apartment when Magnus arrived home. Of course he's concern was spiked when Magnus didn't so much as call out his or Alec's names and he didn't hear the door close. So he ventured out into the hall at the front door, eyes widening when he saw the almost unconscious warlock.

"Magnus!" Jace crouched down beside him, fingers searching for a pulse against his neck and sighing in relief when he found one.

"Jace." Magnus barely got out, voice weak.

"Are you alright?"

"Used... to... magic..." he slurred, head slumping forward. His eyes were drooping closed, but he startled slightly when he felt himself being picked up. "What... doing?"

"Well i can't let you sleep on the floor." Jace explained hastily. "Alec would kill me." In the bedroom Jace gently put Magnus on the bed, the warlock to weak to protest as the blonde removed his shoes and coat before dragging the blanket over him.

"Now sleep. I'll call Alec." Magnus barely nodded before he was asleep. Jace shook his head at the warlock, turning off the lights as he exited the room in search of his phone to call his parabatai.

authors note
rather abrupt and weird, but eh