121. amy santiago-dinozzo - ncis, b99

summary
the squad finally meet tony dinozzo, amy's fed husband when he moves to dc to run the fbi's nyc major crimes division

relationships
amy santiago x tony dinozzo

cast
michael weatherly as senior special agent tony dinozzo
melissa fumero as detective amy santiago
andy samberg as detective jake peralta
andre braugher as captain raymond holt
chelsea peretti as gina linetti
joe truglio as detective charles boyle

fandoms
ncis
brooklyn nine-nine

Tony felt like he'd gone 10 rounds with a semi and lost with how exhausted he was as he climbed into a taxi outside JFK Airport and gave the address for the 99th Police Precinct in Brooklyn. He knew the ride would take well over an hour, and as much as he didn't want to sit in a rank-ass new york taxi cab he settled into the seat with a sigh. The overall last year of his career at NCIS had royally sucked, and he'd eventually found himself handing in his resignation with a regretful look to Gibbs and the others, before walking out of NCIS for good.

He'd been out of a job well over 2 weeks before the FBI Director approached him - surprisingly in a coffee shop in Quantico where Tony had been teaching some undercover classes at FLETC - and offered him a job. At first Tony had been hesitant, and had explained he was only wrapping things up in DC and doing the classes for FLETC because he couldn't leave until he sold his apartment and was moving to Brooklyn, NY, to live with his girlfriend who was a recently made NYPD Sergeant at the 99th Precinct.

"Agent DiNozzo." Tony looked up from the course papers with a start, because Director Hernandez of the FBI - a Mexican, male, married, gay federal agent with nerves of steel, a blank stare and often reminded Tony of Captain Holt, Amy's boss, had approached him in a coffee shop of all places. "May I join you?"

"Not an Agent anymore, Ross." Tony shook his head, but motioned to the seat opposite him.

"Let's get straight to it." Ross stated. "AD Fornell approached me last week and told me you'd resigned from NCIS. Is this true?"

"Yes Sir." Tony nodded, taking a drink of his coffee - white, four sugars. "I found myself stuck, sir. I am no longer up to agency standards to be a field agent - my lungs are shot, sir - and there were no desk jobs open, and Gibbs was being a stubborn ass."

"When isn't he." Ross said blankly, but Tony had been around Holt enough to know Ross was being humorous. "I want to offer you a job, DiNozzo." Tony blinked.

"A job, sir?" Tony was understandably confused, since his rapport with the FBI was a three time accused murderer - found innocent each time - and being a SFA.

"You heard me. Assistant Director Hartley is retiring next month, and while i had planned on looking within the agency for his replacement, Fornell told me he knew of a highly capable agent currently between jobs."