LTBB 2: Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

***

Going into my AP English class, my goal was set on becoming a writer or maybe even a lawyer. I liked the fact of doing literature and law career when I'm older.

Speaking of which, right now, I needed to find a job since last year, I got sacked in my job at the restaurant because I always skipped times to work.

It's not my fault that someone was hunting down to kill me and my ex boyfriend back then.

"Essay. That's what you're going to do." The professor said, "Your task is to write an essay on your favourite novel. And not just a boring old essay, you are going to be assessed on this and it will affect your score at the end of the year. For those who want to have a career in writing, be sure to aim high for this task."

"I will." I mumbled quietly to myself. To my surprise, I felt a pair of ocean blue, sparkling eyes gazing into me from the side.

Looking over, I see Zach smiling at me.

"What?" I asked unsure of his gesture, he shook his head.

"I love the way you always get so determined." He answered, "It's a big turn on."

My cheeks lightly blush by his cheeky compliment. We were seated on the far end of the classroom near the window. It was two people on each double desk and of course, Zach and I would be seated with one another.

"Do you remember the time when we first met? In this class?" I asked smiling back at him, he chuckled.

"How could I forget when I met the most beautiful girl in the world?"

"Stop being cheesy, it's making me blush like mad." I said covering my face with my hands, he suddenly pulled them away from my face, holding it in with his.

My dark brown eyes met his blue ones, and in that moment, my mind flashed back to the time when we first met.

Flashback:

Hesitantly, I take a seat next to a complete stranger, he's pretty attractive. Crystal blue eyes that contrast with his dark brown hair, a muscular body... he's pretty fit.

"Can I help you?" he asked realising my curious gaze

"I-Uh... n-no." uncomfortably shifting around, I sit back quietly.

"I'm only kidding." the stranger chuckles, "I'm Zach Daniels."

"Isabelle." I smile warmly before shaking his hand.

Flashback Ends.

"So, what are you going to be writing your essay on?" Zach wondered tapping a beat on the table with his pen, I flicked my eyes from my blank sheet of paper to his blue orbs.

"I don't know yet, but I'm thinking of writing it on - " My sentence stopped as I glanced out the window and found Chase outside with another student which looked like trouble.

The male's scruffy dirty blonde hair, two lip piercings and dark, very dark, blue iris' were enough for me to begin to worry on why Chase was with him the first place.

When I see them exchange a plastic bag of weed, I immediately jolt up from my seat catching the whole classroom's attention. Every single pair of eyes staring at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zach asks in a hushed tone touching my hand, the professor intently watched me confused.

"Ms Dawns, may you please sit down?" He spoke firmly pushing his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

My conversation with Lora suddenly jogs into my memory as I continued to watch the two boys on the green grass talk:

"I don't need Chase, Lora. Besides, he is perfectly happy to be with Emma." That's what I saw.