"Aww," the kids whined.

"Kids," a nearby mother said to the group of children, warning them for their behavior towards the Princess of Demons and monsters.

"I have something quite urgent to do," Mistivera said to the kids. "So I'll see you all next time."

"Will you bring us treats next time?" A little goblin asked.

"I will," Mistivera smiled as she erected to her full height and waved goodbye to the children.

"I'm so sorry for them bothering you," the mother watching over the kids approached her and apologized.

"It's fine," Mistivera smiled. "It's not a bother to me to see my subjects."

Mistivera then continued down the neighborhood street and towards the trade hub at the end. As she walked by, numerous other monsters and Demons greeted her with reverence in their behavior.

When she finally reached the end of the neighborhood, Mistivera arrived at an open pub where numerous monsters and Demons hanged around. They talked, exchanging local gossip as well as valuable information regarding the behavior of the Church as well as the Astalan security force as well. Mistivera didn't pay much attention to their chatter, for she had a goal in mind. She walked towards the counter, where a woman smiled and greeted her while leaning against the counter. Mistivera was familiar with this woman, who is known as Hannah. Her species is a High Slime, but she is able to maintain a human form due to her powerful Mana.

"Here for the thing?" Hannah asked, slowly allowing her face to rise from her left hand that she used to support herself with.

"Right," Mistivera nodded. She then placed a pouch filled with coins on the counter. "Here's the money."

"And here you go," Hannah placed the items that Mistivera had requested on the counter contained in a discrete pouch. "Elder Dragon Core and Fairy tears."

"Thank you," Mistivera grabbed the pouch and stored it in her magic inventory.

"Quite the expensive goods," Hannah commented. "Took the lives of ten of the best warriors to get you that Elder Dragon Core. It's for someone special isn't it?"

"You can say it that way," Mistivera responded. "That's all for today. See you later."

"Stay safe," Hannah smiled and waved, watching as the Princess of all Demons and Monsters walk off and disappearing in the distance.

***

When Mistivera returned to the Academy gates, it was already starting to get dark. Due to it being a Friday afternoon, numerous of the older students had opted to return from their hunt earlier than usual to relax and enjoy. Therefore, the traffic entering and exiting the Academy was greater than usual. Although Mistivera can make make herself invisible, this large amount of people entering and exiting posed to be quite a hassle for her to sneak in.

Once through, things got way easier for her. Since the majority of students resided in the normal dorms, once Mistivera walked past the dorm buildings, there were only a few students walking on the road. Because of this, she was able to return to Loganel's dorm suite in little time.

She entered the suite without knocking since it has become a habit for her to enter so often. In addition, it was also based on her belief that since Loganel and her are partners in a deal, it would be best if they cut out on the formalities. She knows that they'll have to get used to this in the future if they were to marry.

"Welcome back," Loganel stood up from the couch and greeted his future wife.

Upon seeing his face, Mistivera was suddenly hit by the urge to tear up. She was reminded of her lover, Iliad, the original soul of Loganel's body that was displaced and sent back into time. Even though it has been almost a week, she still find herself mistaken if Loganel for Iliad. She often had to convince herself that Loganel isn't Iliad, which often resulted in a more hostile than needed attitude. She just couldn't help it. Her interactions with Loganel often made her wonder what life would be like if it was actually Iliad there instead of Loganel. This often made her angry when she discovered that it would never be a reality, causing her to often direct her anger at Loganel in that hostility. She felt bad for doing so, but she couldn't bring herself to apologize, afraid that the final remembrance of her lover would disappear, no matter how bad she wanted to apologize to him and repent. Each and every time she would try, she would feel tears swelling up to her eyes and risk weeping.

Mistivera nodded in response to Loganel. "Tomorrow night," she began to say as she stripped herself of her winter coat to adjust to the higher temperature indoors. "We will conduct the ritual to bring back your are arm. Is that fine with you?"

"That's fine," Loganel smiled.

"..." Mistivera frowned when she saw Loganel's smile. She felt guilty for treaty him in such an apathetic manner.

"Is something the matter?" Loganel asked.

"Nothing," Mistivera looked away to the side.

"..." Loganel studied her, frowning as he wondered what was bothering her. "You're...unwillingly to trust me?"

"No," Mistivera quickly explained. "It's...not that."

"Oh," Loganel frowned and looked at the ground in with a gloomy mood, not knowing what else to say.

Author's Note:

Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed. Thank you!!!