LTBB 2: Chapter Eleven

Depuis le début

"Chase, we are done." Was all I heard before I received a hard slap across my face. Emma storms out of the apartment leaving Isabelle and I alone.

"Aren't you going to go after her?" She asks, my green eyes meet her brown ones.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because she's going to come back anyway. She reminds me of you." I said by mistake.

Fuck, why did I mention that?

Isabelle narrows her brows, "Excuse me? I don't dress like a slut."

I laugh at her response, "No, I meant about that part of 'coming back'. This is Emma's and my third break up while we were together. No matter how much we fight or argue, she'd always come back to me - like you."

She keeps her eyes glued to my ones. Her body standing still. "Yeah, but the only thing is, it wasn't really me who comes back in the relationship before. It was you, Chase."

"Yeah, bullshit." I laughed crossing my arms, "You came back for me after leaving for a whole year."

"It wasn't my fault that I had to leave, okay? I just had to. Did you think I wanted to leave you? After all we've been through?" I stay silent until I figured out what to say next.

"Isabelle, you had a choice to leave. You didn't have to go with your brother, you could have stayed with me." I said for the fifteenth time since we reunited.

"Chase, you and I both know that even if we tried to stay together, there are always things and people trying to tear us apart." She sighed, "Besides, you moved on. I moved on. Everyone is happier now."

"Are you really happy Isabelle? Or are you just saying that?" I questioned, she pauses.

"Why do you ask?"

I shrug my shoulders before I force a soft smile across my lips, "I just want my princess to be happy, that's all."

She nods her head with a thin smile, "Okay."

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

He did it again. Chase did it again.

Why is it always that when I go over to meet him or even say a word to him, I start having second thoughts if we were actually suppose to stay broken up? This is crazy and I'm getting more and more dizzy as to why we keep going back and forth.

As I pace slowly towards Asher's house, I pray that Dean, Hunter and Bryce are already gone from his apartment until I hear my name being called from behind me, "Hey, Princess!" Chase shouts catching my attention, I swiftly turn behind me and watch his green piercing eyes locking into mine.

"You never answered my question." He said catching up to me. His tattooed inked arms fold across his chest as he smirks at me.

"What was your question?" I asked in a smile, he laughs.

"I asked are you really happy? Or we're you just saying that you were for your sake?"

I pause for a moment to think, "I'm pretty sure I am happy, Chase."

"That's not a proper answer. It's either a yes or a no."

I shrug, "I don't know how I feel yet. It's too soon."

Chase nods, shoving his hands in his pockets of his jeans before walking away slowly, "When you're sure, tell me."

"Why?"

He stops and turns to me one last time and displays a grin, "Because if you're happy, then it's my job to annoy you until you change your mind - just like last year."