Chapter 24: His Mistake

Start from the beginning

"Any luck?" Natsu said.

"Who do you think you're talking to?"

The dragon slayer sweatdropped, "I don't see any bruises on him."

"Are you trying to be a smartass?"

"NO SIR! NOT AT ALL!"

"This isn't the time to be comedic, guys! Jupiter's gonna fire in less than two minutes!" Happy shouted as he flew all over the place.

"YOU DON'T THINK WE KNOW THAT?!" Natsu and (M/N) yelled with tick marks on their heads.

Comical tears poured out of the cat's eyes, "YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO YELL AT ME!"

(M/N) perked up, making Natsu turn to him. They made eye contact before nodding to each other. They turned to their opponents and moved to different places. Happy watched them, trying to figure out what they're up to. He never got them in the slightest when it came to their silent but cooperative communication. All he knew that they made the perfect team and are able to get out of any jam no matter the odds. And this is one of those times where their teamwork gets a chance in the spotlight.

The lucky wizard glared at his adversary as the other smirked smugly. The man's eyebrow twitched and a tick mark appeared on his forehead, pulsing wildy.

"You piss me off, you know that?" he growled.

Aagraha gave a sparkling grin. No literally, there were sparkles all over the bastard.

"That's it! Prepare to get your ass kicked!" the (H/C) haired male bolted toward the other man, leaving a bit of damage behind him.

His opponent stood his ground confidently as he awaited the other man's fatal blow. But what he didn't expect is for the (S/C) man to halt his momentum in midair completely, catching him off guard. He landed on his feet, causing the ground to crack and extend to the cocky man. He gasped before moving out of the way. Before he could catch his breath, he was knocked into the ceiling.

(M/N) smirked, "Knew it."

Happy screamed, "How?! The barrier was in the way!"

(M/N) jumped up and grabbed the man before bashing him back to the ground.

"Simple! By holding his breath!"

The cat gasped, "Oh I get it! If he holds his breath, a barrier is created!"

"Depending on how much he holds and how long he holds it, that's how strong the barrier will be!"

"Wow! He must be pretty good at holding his breath! I can't even hold my breath for ten seconds!"

Aagraha chuckled, "You've figured it out. How my magic works. I congratulate you, my dear sir."

"But there's one thing I don't get. How you were able to pummel him while his barrier was still active!"

The (E/C) eyed man grinned, "Just caught him off guard is all."

"Oh! So every breath he takes, the more danger he puts himself in!"

"Exactly."

The blonde snickered and continued until he cackled crazily. The cat flew behind his friend in fear.

"Hey fucker! The hell are you laughing for?" (M/N) yelled.

"My darling! Do you really think you have the upper hand after finding out my methods?! I don't think so! I will win and you will be mine!"

The more nonsense Aagraha spewed, the thicker his accent became. It had gone to the point where the cat and wizard could barely understand a word he was saying.