"What's wrong?" Laurina asked as she entered, noticing that Loganel stood there somewhat dazed.

"Nothing," Loganel took a deep breath and stepped foot into Laurina's dorm. "Just the smell reminds me of the past." 

"That's right," Laurina chuckled, "you've never been in my room before."

Loganel entered, following behind Laurina as he took of his shoes so as to not dirty his sister's dorm. By the shoe cabinet by the door, Loganel could see Laurina's many boots and heels that she wears for various purposes. On top of the shoe cabinet was a vase containing some waters and also some beautiful white flowers that gleamed with life.

Continuing past the entrance is the living room area, where the design of the furniture fits Laurina's feminine nature. Small plushy pillows were neatly placed on the couches, paired with a comfy blanket that's laid out on the couch. Not too far from the couches, on the far side of the room, was the fireplace, where Laurina knelt in front of and added in firewood in order to kindle a warm fire. Against the wall nearby the couches was shelves filled with books and other miscellaneous items that Laurina placed to decorate her room.

"Sit down," Laurina looked over at Loganel.

Loganel followed his sister's suggestions and sat down on the couch in the living room. Unable to resist his temptations, he grabbed onto Laurina's plushy pillows, hugging it close to him and squeezing it. For some reason, the pillows granted him comfort and warmth.

As Loganel sat there on the couch, Laurina mobilized to the open-counter kitchen. She filled a water kettle with water and placed it on the stove. Then, she began adding in tea leaves to a teapot while humming a soft and gentle tune as she waited. When the water boiled, Laurina poured the hot fluid into the teapot, brewing a pot of tea with sweet and comforting aroma.

"Here." 

Laurina placed a teacup filled with a red tea before Loganel. Loganel looked down at the light red fluid with steam slowly rising from the surface of the tea. As the liquid settled, the red tea reflected Loganel's face in it, and beneath the reflection was the small tea leaves that condensed to the bottom of the cup.

"Thanks," Loganel said, picking up the cup and blew softly on it so as to cool it off before taking a small sip from it. Immediately, his body was warmed up by the tea, and a sweet aftertaste lingered in his mouth.

"So how's everything been for you lately?" Laurina asked as she smiled calmly at Loganel.

"Not much," Loganel responded. "Everything's still the same as before."

"Is that so..." Laurina placed her teacup on the coffee table and stretched her back. "I can't believe it's almost a whole year now..."

"Yeah..." Loganel stared nostalgically at the surface of his tea. "Time sure passes fast...So how's things for you so far?"

"It's fine..." Laurina replied. 

"Come to think of it, you're around the age of getting married. Got anyone in mind?"

"You want to know?" Laurina smiled in a playful manner at Loganel.

"Just curious..."

"You'll miss me if I do get married, right?" Laurina got up and sat down next to Loganel, playfully pocking him in his cheeks with her fingers.

"Maybe a little," Loganel blushed.

"Well," Laurina stopped with her teasing and returned to a more calm sitting posture, with her legs crossed as she looked up towards the ceiling. "I don't have anyone in mind at the moment...But if someone do ask for my hand, and they aren't someone that bad...I might just accept it."

"..." Loganel remained mute as he took another sip from his cup of tea. 

"Plus, I'll have to ask mother and father on their opinions," Laurina continued on without waiting for Loganel to speak. "They might want me to marry someone in order to advance the Ainzloft family's interests."

"I don't think they'll do that," Loganel responded in a calm voice, basing his judgement based on his knowledge of his parents.

"I think that too," Laurina chuckled, "but...if it is for the greater good of our family...if it would help you or Redgilus, I think I would do it regardless."

"Huh?" 

Loganel looked over at the side of Laurina's face, observing her as she stared at the ceiling with a moody look in her eyes. Yet for some reason, her lips were upturned in a faint smile.  

"Because," she turned her head and looked over at Loganel, showing him his smile, "that is my responsibility as the eldest of you all."

"..." 

Loganel couldn't say anything as he marveled at her maturity and selflessness. At that moment, he was suddenly blasted with the truth about their present state, about how the three of them are adults now and how they'll never be able to return to the peaceful days of their childhood. He lamented the fact that he lost he was not by their side prior to the age of eight, lamenting the fact that he missed out on the precious years that they've spent together and is now left with such little time. 

Upon thinking of this, Loganel is suddenly reminded of the "original" Loganel, someone who he had taken the place of in this world. Yet, when Loganel had met with him last year in the depths of the Ekeletas Ruins, the "original" Loganel had forgiven him and encouraged him to continue on with his life.

"Is something that matter?" 

Laurina finally taken notice to Loganel's sudden silence. She glanced at his face and was quite surprised to discover trials of tears flowing down the side of his cheeks. 

"What's wrong?" she asked in a caring voice that was so gentle and kind that it absorbed Loganel into a realm of serenity.

Laurina carefully placed her arms around her younger brother comforting him as he feared this familiar yet alien world that growing up has thrusted him into. In his older sister's arms, Loganel felt for a brief moment as if he was back in the good old days of his childhood, when him and his siblings would sit and watch the setting sun in the yonder distance in the rural Ainzloft lands. The warmth he felt almost lulled him to a slumber, but he slowly recovered and regained his composure as he realized his age.

"Sorry," Loganel wiped his face free of any traces of tears.

"Don't worry," Laurina smiled warmly as she observed her younger brother trying to pretend to be fine and all grown up. "Remember," Laurina pulled Loganel back into her embrace once again, "no matter how old you are and how different you become, my arms will always be open for you. Not only mine, mothers as well."

Loganel slowly relaxed his body, allowing the comfort of her embrace to soothe his stress. Slowly, the warmth from Laurina's soft body spread throughout his, causing him drowsiness. This time, he ceased opposing the drowsiness. He buried his face into Laurina's shoulders, taking in the calm and soothing scent of Laurina's hair. Slowly, he fell asleep in her arms, his first real slumber in the whole year since that incident that had occurred a year earlier; his first real relief ever since the stress has started building up in his system.

Author's Note:

Story will be picking up soon. I promise.

Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed, Also, add this story to your reading list if you haven't and follow me for updates, such as announcements and story updates. Thank you. If you can, please share this story with any friends you know that might be interested.

Thank you for reading!!!!