Chapter 66: Inner Demons and Monsters

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! MY HEART IS ABOUT POP OUT OF MY CHEST! I WANNA CRY I HATE MYSELF MORE THAN USUAL AND I HAD A LOT IN MY PLATE SO SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS GARBAGE SORRY BYE!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The monster girl saw her loved one collapse on the floor as her eyes turned a blood-like red. She charged completely enraged towards the girl of sapphire eyes, the other 3 azurus were unable of fighting back to defend their comrade.

— PATY NO! — Erika cried.

The brave girl stood in between her raged friend and those who just attacked her. It was probably the most dangerous thing she could have done, but she summoned a cloak of invisibility around the 4 girls. And summoned an Overlord in front of Paty, to add some extra damage she made the sky look covered with dark purple clouds.

The girl froze for a moment. She probably took time to cool down enough to realize that it was an illusion. She shot daggers with her eyes at the Mistress of Illusion. She charged against her friend, engulfed in her anger. Anyone who were watching could be pretty sure she wasn't even aware of what she was doing anymore. But that was an advantage for Erika.

Seconds away from collision Erika called back the Overlord to cover herself. But she didn't simply disappear, she turned into a wounded and scared Jay. It was affective. The monster girl tripped on her own feet and crashed against the floor. The Master of Earth reacted quickly and got the mistress of magic in a lock, she squirmed and struggle to break free, but Cole had her.

— Paty, snap out of it!

— LET ME GO RIGHT THIS INSTANT! —she demanded.

Her eyes were almost glowing in red flaming angry energy, but a good look to the situation made them return to their usual color, her glance softened, gradually replacing the anger with regret and worry.

— Oh fu- Jay! —she gave a look at her boyfriend and poofed.

For a moment the group exchanged glances, she used to vanish a lot under pressure, but it had been a while since she last lost a physical form. Yet, before they could ask any question the girl had appeared right next to the blue ninja, she removed the hair from his forehead to get a better look of him.

His skin had a sickly pale color, he was sweating, and his eyes were closed like he was asleep but he kept wheezing and mumbling nonsense.

— Jay? Can you hear me? —Paty said softly— You- you'll be okay, I promise.

The azurus with the sapphire eyes stepped closer, she was hesitant, her eyes were filled with regret and fear. She kneeled next to the wounded elemental master. She ran her fingers across his cheek, whispering in Latin against the boy's ear. Paty glared at her resentfully, her eyes changed colors between a gloomy gray, bloody red, dark purple and the usual green.

By this point it was obvious that every eye color leaded to a certain personality. And by know those 4 were fighting for control. The young azurus noticed and whimpered.

— I am sorry, your highness —the young azurus apologized— Let us give him attention in our village.

— I swear to the 16 Realms that if he doesn't make it-

— We'll do what we can! But you have to believe in us! I ca-

— Faith! We can't take them home! They're not one of us —the girl with red eyes interrupted.