Chapter 43: Short Fuse

Jay's P.O.V.

Paty and I kept thinking on what Sensei Wu said for hours. Until she yelled.

— What is it?—I asked.

— How I can connect to Lloyd, without dating, hugging or...—she pretend to gag— kissing him.

(Don't get me wrong. Lloyd is awesome. But it'd be like kissing a little brother, so it's NOT I'd would be excited to do).

— Well say it!—Jay said.

— Fusion!—she said.

— Fusion?—I asked, as I felt a big pressure on my chest.

Fusion is OUR thing... We have fused more than anyone else... and now Lloyd will be a part of that...

— W-what's wrong? —Paty asked.

— That's a great idea! But it's late, maybe you should wait until tomorrow.

— Jay, somet-

— What?

— N-nothing. I'll go to sleep —she said, heading to her room.

— Aren't we going to cuddle tonight? —I asked.

— Oh, y-yeah... Sure —she said— let's go.

We went to my room, and we changed to our pijamas and went to sleep. But she was weird. She was on the edge of the bed facing the wall, avoiding me. I tried to hug her but she got tense when I touched her arm.

So I gave up and tried to get some sleep.

When I woke up, Paty wasn't on my bed, but I heard the shower from my bathroom, so I guessed she was taking a bath. I stared at the roof, reminding my dream, it was a nightmare, Paty finds more fun fusing with Lloyd, and they stick as one forever. She forgets that I exist.

But as I heard Paty singing in the bathroom, and I remembered all the times we have fused. On the Overlord's prision, we learned that elemental master can fuse. When she returned after a year of being dead, we barely touched and we fused. When we escaped from Nadakhan, a kiss fused us again. And other situations when we accidentally fused...

What did Sensei said? If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first love and protect each other like siblings, you're meant to be. Are WE meant to be?

Paty came out of the room with her hair wet and alreay with her pink and blue gi on.

— ...Sorry I was weird last night—we said at unison, we smiled awkardly.

We have the weird connection, that when we have to say something important, we need to say it at the same time.

— But this fusion thing makes me feel weird—we said at unision— what? You're uncomfortable with it too? I thought it was just me! ...Okay stop. QUIET! TOO WEIRD! ........... I LOVE COTTON CANDY!

We laughed and smiled brightly.

— You first—she said.

— Well, fusion is OUR thing, is a romantic thing for us, but I don't feel like it'd be the same if you get to fuse with Lloyd...

— Fusion is not just OUR thing, we all have the gift of being able to fuse. And we have plenty stuff that are ours. Like, our private time....

Despite I know she means just kissing or making out on my room, I couldn't help but feel hot the heat invaded my face. She made it sound WAY dirtier than what it actually is. But what got me embarassed is, that.... I liked the sound of it.