Chapter 65: Monstruous Attacks

They turned towards the end of the alley. The view was gross. Whatever that was, it was dripping blood from its mouth big mouth, surprisingly that was its least disturbing feature. It was a big and amorphous gray mass, it seemed to be dripping what it was, like it's skin was mud. It had a single eye with a red iris, and marked veins on it, the mouth was long like a frog's, it had sharp and yellow teeth, and a purple forked tongue. And the smell, it was like rotten milk, poison, sewer, and manure all together.

— What in the name of Ninjago is that? —Potato asked.

— I- I don't know... —Morro replied— I've never seen anything like it.

— Me neither —Mirayo admitted.

— Guys, g-guys! —Steph called nervously.

— Y-Yeah? —Lloyd asked.

— It's not only one! —Steph shrieked.

Another creature, exactly like them appeared from behind them, trapping them in the alley. Both let out deafening roars, and swung their misshapen hefty arms towards the group who could just scream and brace for the hit.

— WATCH OUT!

And with the sound of a frost machine, Zane made an ice cupule that covered them. The monsters hit it over and over, generating cracks on the thick ice layer.

— Cole, remove the earth beneath us so we can escape! —Lloyd commanded.

— Uh, Lloyd... In case you forgot, Cole is on the Enchanted Realm —Steph pointed out.

Lloyd turned a bit red, he was about to apologize when another hit made a crack along the entire layer. Zane kept recovering it the best he could.

— Guys... I can't hold it much longer —Zane said as his ice beam gradually grew weaker.

— Skylor, same command, get us out of here! —Lloyd said.

— There's not enough time!

Another, hit. Zane's beam shot off and he held his head.

— My system is overheating. I can't- I- I-

The poor boy passed out, as Potato's hands lit up, she placed one on Zane's chest and one on his head.

— He'll be fine.

— Yeah but what about us? —Morro asked.

— Morro! Can you blow us away? —Steph asked.

— Well that's flattering —Morro said— but I don't think now it's the best time to-

— No, you-! —Steph snapped— I mean, literally. Can you get us up the building?

She pointed to her left, the building was falling apart. How in the name of Ninjago 2 monsters cause so much damage in so little time? Morro made a quick calculation on his brain. His face lit up with a huge smile.

— Of course, that's brilliant! —he exclaimed— But I will need a distraction. Kai, could you do me the honors?

The hotheaded ninja gave him a smug grin, the two smiled and stood shoulder by shoulder. It was amazing how well these 2 got along now.

— Of course.

CRACK!

The ice cupule fell apart and Kai summoned two walls of fire around them, Morro grabbed Potato by the waist and threw her on the air, before she could fall, a gust of wind elevated her even more until she reached the roof of the building. Zai's face light up as well. Morro's method was effective but it took time and the young mistress.